Clyde for Northern Senate
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 06:05:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Clyde for Northern Senate
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Clyde for Northern Senate  (Read 2077 times)
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2016, 03:04:12 PM »

I would, personally, like to have a requirement that voters have to have posted at least once in the Atlasia Fantasy Elections section before being able to cast a valid ballot, along with the current (or similar) posting requirements.
Thanks for your answer. I assume this would be in addition to their post in the New Register thread?
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2016, 03:06:52 PM »

Congratulations on your appointment!
Clyde1998
United Kingdom

« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2016, 03:21:08 PM »

I would, personally, like to have a requirement that voters have to have posted at least once in the Atlasia Fantasy Elections section before being able to cast a valid ballot, along with the current (or similar) posting requirements.
Thanks for your answer. I assume this would be in addition to their post in the New Register thread?
Yes, of course. Smiley

Thank you. Smiley
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 3.00, S: -0.41

« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2016, 04:26:56 PM »

Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2016, 04:28:21 PM »

Sorry Clyde, I accidentally invalidated my vote.
Clyde1998
United Kingdom

« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2016, 04:31:08 PM »

Thank you.

Don't worry. I hadn't noticed that the voting booth was up already and that it was unlocked. Thank you for the support anyway. Smiley
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2016, 05:13:57 PM »

Don't worry, you can still vote - since your ballot was cast before the polls opened, it doesn't count, so you're able to cast a new one after midnight.
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2016, 05:45:52 PM »

The warning was there for a reason xd
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2016, 09:30:28 PM »

What about the 21st century Robber Barons on Wall Street who rapaciously help themselves to obscene bonuses from selling junk bonds to unsuspecting citizens?

What actions, if any, would you take to correct situations such as this? 
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2016, 05:52:25 AM »
« Edited: November 04, 2016, 06:00:22 AM by Eternal Senator North Carolina Yankee »

I have but one question - will you use your platform as a Senator to ensure ALL VOTES are fairly counted and the depraved attempt to steal the Presidential election is thwarted?
I'll seek to support a bill that prevents members of the Supreme Court from running in any election without resigning, and the SoFE from running in any election that they will be conducting. I note that Siren has introduced a bill in the House that has this intention. Should that fail, I'll introduce my own bill.

My recommendation would be a law requiring automatic recusal of a Justice who runs for office and a forced leave from the court lasting for the duration of the campaign.  

We have a five member Supreme Court, so the impact of one justice being put out of commission for two-three weeks is less so and less of concern then having to replace a justice for a life time appointment, especially if said candidate loses anyway. This has the equivalent effect, at least temporarily than an increase in the number of offices would.

Consider this, if I had to resign, I never would have ran. This distinction could mean the difference between a competitive race and one that is not.

I like your approach to minimizing runoff occurrences, though.

Anyway, Endorsed! Smiley
Clyde1998
United Kingdom

« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2016, 07:12:01 AM »

What about the 21st century Robber Barons on Wall Street who rapaciously help themselves to obscene bonuses from selling junk bonds to unsuspecting citizens?

What actions, if any, would you take to correct situations such as this? 

I would like to see cap limit on banker's bonuses. This would make them less likely to take risks that could have a negative impact on the economy.

Additionally, following the global financial crash, Iceland decided to jail the bankers responsible. I feel that we should introduce legislation that would make it clear and reaffirm that defrauding innocent citizens out of their hard earned cash will earn the people responsible prison sentences. It must also be clear that there is no route around that; bankers shouldn't be allowed to pay a fine to avoid going to prison.

I feel that restricting bonuses and having a risk of prison sentences would do a lot to deter bankers from exploiting others in our society.
Clyde1998
United Kingdom

« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2016, 07:16:17 AM »

I have but one question - will you use your platform as a Senator to ensure ALL VOTES are fairly counted and the depraved attempt to steal the Presidential election is thwarted?
I'll seek to support a bill that prevents members of the Supreme Court from running in any election without resigning, and the SoFE from running in any election that they will be conducting. I note that Siren has introduced a bill in the House that has this intention. Should that fail, I'll introduce my own bill.

My recommendation would be a law requiring automatic recusal of a Justice who runs for office and a forced leave from the court lasting for the duration of the campaign.  

We have a five member Supreme Court, so the impact of one justice being put out of commission for two-three weeks is less so and less of concern then having to replace a justice for a life time appointment, especially if said candidate loses anyway. This has the equivalent effect, at least temporarily than an increase in the number of offices would.

Consider this, if I had to resign, I never would have ran. This distinction could mean the difference between a competitive race and one that is not.

Anyway, Endorsed! Smiley
Thank you for your support. Smiley

I'd be open to having Supreme Court members being recused during the campaign, rather than being forced to resign. Obviously, my view would be one of six in the Senate if I am elected.

I think the main thing the Presidential election has shown is that there is a lot of work to be done to our electoral laws.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #37 on: November 04, 2016, 07:32:29 AM »

Anyway, Endorsed! Smiley
Thank you for your support. Smiley

I'd be open to having Supreme Court members being recused during the campaign, rather than being forced to resign. Obviously, my view would be one of six in the Senate if I am elected.

I think the main thing the Presidential election has shown is that there is a lot of work to be done to our electoral laws.

Yes, and I see now the SoFE probably should not be a candidate, unless he has a deputy SoFE he can delegate too. We used to have Talleyrand as Deputy SoFE during HLC's long tenure and when HLC was unavailable, he would take over.

I remember there was controversy over Talleyrand or perhaps it was someone else, because they served as deputy SoFE while also serving as Senator something.

Maybe the RG can serve as deputy SoFE. I mean back in Earl's day, they were one office (hence the title SoFA instead of SoFE).
rpryor03
Bahamas

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #38 on: November 04, 2016, 10:14:13 AM »

Endorsed.
Clyde1998
United Kingdom

« Reply #39 on: November 04, 2016, 04:56:40 PM »

Thank you for your endorsement Mr SoFE.
Clyde1998
United Kingdom

« Reply #40 on: November 10, 2016, 12:02:26 PM »

(Now that the site is working...)

I'd like to thank everyone who supported me in the Special Election. I have already proposed a bill that will strengthen employee's rights, as promised in the campaign. I note that Siren's bill to reduce the ability of members of the Supreme Court and the SoFE from running in elections has been introduced to the House. I seek to continue pursuing the policies that I announced for this election.

If any private individual has a bill that they'd like to see debated in the Senate, I'd be happy to sponsor it.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies