Progressive Liberal Party Convention
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 09:11:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Progressive Liberal Party Convention
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Author Topic: Progressive Liberal Party Convention  (Read 6761 times)
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -5.57

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: February 10, 2008, 08:30:46 PM »

the booth is in the Voting Booth subforum.
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -8.35

« Reply #51 on: February 11, 2008, 04:43:48 AM »

I'd like to thank the PLP for endorsing the Sensei/Rocky ticket. We really appreciate it Smiley
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #52 on: February 11, 2008, 08:54:57 AM »

Its not as if we have much of  choice Wink.  lol

Chairman Sensei, may I take a moment to address the convention as well?
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix

« Reply #53 on: February 11, 2008, 03:16:15 PM »

Its not as if we have much of  choice Wink.  lol

Chairman Sensei, may I take a moment to address the convention as well?
of course.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #54 on: February 11, 2008, 10:27:10 PM »

First of all I would like to welcome all of you here to the Mideast for our Convention.  As Governor of this region I hope that everyone will enjoy themselves, maybe give this city a little bit of business and just all and all make this convention successful.

Now on to the issue at hand, the Vice Chairmanship of the party.  I wish to make sure everyone knows that my being in the contest for the position is not me saying Xahar would not be good at the job.  I am sure that as an active PLPer and Atlasian he would be great for the post.  However I also wish to try my hand at the job and believe I would be quite qualified myself.  I have been a part of the party since my entree to Atlasia, a long time ago during the time when Texasgurl was the party Chairperson.  Since then I have been an active member of the party.  I have always said I am further to our party's center than the party's name suggests, much like our honorable chairman Sensei.

As to Xahar's proposals, I am personally againest both.  In terms of a progressive caucus(I'm assuming you mean in the senate) what would be the purpose?  Most of the members of the Senate are either members of the progressive caucus that includes all registered voters who wish to join it or vote as progressives anyway.  What would such a caucus accomplish in the long run?  And in terms of the removal of the cabinet, the president and vice president are two men.  They cannot accomplish everything alone that needs to be done.  The cabinet members go over legal records, foreign relations, voter roles, update the wiki, and much more.  Leaving all of this to the Vice President would burden most men beyond their means, while at the same time having to deal with the senate.  This would exhaust any man, even Rocky beyond his means.  Giving all of this responsibility to two men(Or three if you include the CoS idea) is just unfair and will not work. 

As I said before I am not saying Xahar will make a bad Vice Chair, but I have after a long time begun to understand how Atlasia works and how hard it is to get things done.  I think such a thing would give me an advantage as Chairman and of course future president Sensei's #2 in the party.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #55 on: February 11, 2008, 10:55:49 PM »

Chairman, may I be permitted to respond to the Governor's speech?
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix

« Reply #56 on: February 11, 2008, 10:59:11 PM »

Chairman, may I be permitted to respond to the Governor's speech?
go right ahead
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #57 on: February 11, 2008, 11:21:15 PM »

First of all I would like to welcome all of you here to the Mideast for our Convention.  As Governor of this region I hope that everyone will enjoy themselves, maybe give this city a little bit of business and just all and all make this convention successful.

Now on to the issue at hand, the Vice Chairmanship of the party.  I wish to make sure everyone knows that my being in the contest for the position is not me saying Xahar would not be good at the job.  I am sure that as an active PLPer and Atlasian he would be great for the post.  However I also wish to try my hand at the job and believe I would be quite qualified myself.

This is one thing that I, too, wish to stress. HappyWarrior is a great Atlasian and a qualified governor. However, I feel that the same is true for me.

I have been a part of the party since my entree to Atlasia, a long time ago during the time when Texasgurl was the party Chairperson.  Since then I have been an active member of the party.  I have always said I am further to our party's center than the party's name suggests, much like our honorable chairman Sensei.

This is where we disagree. I have not been around nearly as long as the Governor has, and I consider myself more to the left. This would contrast well with the more centrist Chairman, and balance the party leadership.

As to Xahar's proposals, I am personally againest both.  In terms of a progressive caucus(I'm assuming you mean in the senate) what would be the purpose?  Most of the members of the Senate are either members of the progressive caucus that includes all registered voters who wish to join it or vote as progressives anyway.  What would such a caucus accomplish in the long run?

The Governor's comments suggest that he has misunderstood me. I realize that my wording was somewhat vague, so I will now try to restate my case.

I think the progressive primaries and the upcoming progressive convention show us what a broader progressive organization, uniting all left-of-center voters, can do. I wish to turn the progressive organization into something working year-round, not just during election season. This will serve many purposes, not the least of which is an informative purpose. It will increase citizen participation, and prevent power from being concentrated in the hands of the proverbial "old boys club".

And in terms of the removal of the cabinet, the president and vice president are two men.  They cannot accomplish everything alone that needs to be done.  The cabinet members go over legal records, foreign relations, voter roles, update the wiki, and much more.  Leaving all of this to the Vice President would burden most men beyond their means, while at the same time having to deal with the senate.  This would exhaust any man, even Rocky beyond his means.  Giving all of this responsibility to two men(Or three if you include the CoS idea) is just unfair and will not work.

I do notmean to slander Al or Hashemite here, but I do not feel that they have done very much in their positions as members of the Cabinet. Rather, their contributions to Atlasia during the Wixted Administration have been in the capacity of citizen. On the other hand, the Secretary of Forum Affairs has had a great burden. Under my plan, this will be shared by the Vice President, who currently does not do much visible work (with emphasis on "visible"), and the Chief of Staff. I do not doubt if we have an energetic Vice President, which Rockefeller Republican will be, and an energetic Chief of Staff, which many of the people assembled at this convention would be, that the burden can be shouldered, and more.

As I said before I am not saying Xahar will make a bad Vice Chair, but I have after a long time begun to understand how Atlasia works and how hard it is to get things done.  I think such a thing would give me an advantage as Chairman and of course future president Sensei's #2 in the party.

I cannot say that I have been active longer than the Governor. However, in my time in Atlasia, I have ran one campaign and am running another, I have become active lobbying the Senate, and I have started a radio station. I do not believe that anyone can argue with my activity. In the end, it comes down to this: you can only gain experience by doing "stuff". I feel that I have done as much "stuff" in my first few months as anyone, and thus I feel that I am qualified for this position.

Thank you.
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix

« Reply #58 on: February 11, 2008, 11:27:21 PM »

I'll have to disagree with Xahar about the performance of the sitting cabinet. Al's DEAF program has been great for Atlasian foreign affairs, and Hashemite has handled the Keystone Phil affair competently. Lewis is doing his job as SoFA well, too.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #59 on: February 11, 2008, 11:29:21 PM »

I'll have to disagree with Xahar about the performance of the sitting cabinet. Al's DEAF program has been great for Atlasian foreign affairs, and Hashemite has handled the Keystone Phil affair competently. Lewis is doing his job as SoFA well, too.

I did not say they were doing a poor job; I said they did not have much opportunity to do work for Atlasia. I apologize for any confusion this may have caused.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #60 on: February 11, 2008, 11:31:50 PM »

I did not say they were doing a poor job; I said they did not have much opportunity to do work for Atlasia. I apologize for any confusion this may have caused.

But the fact is that most of their jobs are behind the scenes in things like wiki updates and keeping Atlasia running smoothly.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #61 on: February 11, 2008, 11:35:20 PM »

But the fact is that most of their jobs are behind the scenes in things like wiki updates and keeping Atlasia running smoothly.

Unfortunately, the wiki is not in top shape, and I daresay foreign affairs is quite peripheral to Atlasia’s day-to-day business.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #62 on: February 12, 2008, 11:04:46 AM »

I thank this party for saying that Al, Lewis, and myself don't work as cabinet member. Al is doing something called a foreign policy review, Lewis is running something called an election, and I'm involved in something called a trial. 

People also fail to understand that updating the wiki is a collective responsibility of the community. Members should keep their personal pages and their political party pages up to date.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #63 on: February 12, 2008, 12:04:51 PM »

I thank this party for saying that Al, Lewis, and myself don't work as cabinet member. Al is doing something called a foreign policy review, Lewis is running something called an election, and I'm involved in something called a trial. 

People also fail to understand that updating the wiki is a collective responsibility of the community. Members should keep their personal pages and their political party pages up to date.

Just to let you know Hashemite this is not a view of the whole party, only certain members.  I myself feel that you have done a great job, as have Al and Lewis.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #64 on: February 12, 2008, 01:44:23 PM »

Just to let you know Hashemite this is not a view of the whole party, only certain members.  I myself feel that you have done a great job, as have Al and Lewis.
As a soon be member of this party, I agree. First of all, I think youre over reacting a little even if it was a party platform. That, however, has little to do with it, as it is a super-minority plank, so please dont mud sling.
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix

« Reply #65 on: February 12, 2008, 03:37:34 PM »

for the record, only Xahar has said anything about the cabinet being abolished. I think you guys are doing a great job, and if I am elected there will be no change in cabinet structure.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #66 on: February 12, 2008, 06:32:29 PM »

My words have been corrupted and perverted. I have nothing to say.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #67 on: February 12, 2008, 06:43:51 PM »

Welcome to the politics right now in Atlasia. It simply seems to be the way that they want to do things right now on that side. You cant fight back. We have our people, and they will respect a clean fight and campaign, so brush them all off.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #68 on: February 12, 2008, 06:49:15 PM »

Welcome to the politics right now in Atlasia. It simply seems to be the way that they want to do things right now on that side. You cant fight back. We have our people, and they will respect a clean fight and campaign, so brush them all off.
I'm trying.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #69 on: February 12, 2008, 07:14:15 PM »

I'm trying.
Explain how they've been corrupted.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #70 on: February 12, 2008, 07:25:25 PM »

for the record, only Xahar has said anything about the cabinet being abolished. I think you guys are doing a great job, and if I am elected there will be no change in cabinet structure.

There. You clearly insinuate that I am criticizing the performance of the cabinet. I never said they were doing a poor job; I said that there was no need to have 3 people do it. Let's think of it this way.

What does the President do? Not that much, other than signing bills. Could he handle a few more responsibilities? Sure.

What about the Vice President? Would he crack if given the chance to do more? I don't think so.

There, we have accounted for much of the cabinet's work. But what about the SoFA? Is he overworked? Yes. Should his duties be split among several people? Yes.

When we throw a CoS into the mix, we have given each person a large but manageable amount of work. What is wrong with that?
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #71 on: February 12, 2008, 07:37:05 PM »

There. You clearly insinuate that I am criticizing the performance of the cabinet. I never said they were doing a poor job; I said that there was no need to have 3 people do it. Let's think of it this way.

What does the President do? Not that much, other than signing bills. Could he handle a few more responsibilities? Sure.

What about the Vice President? Would he crack if given the chance to do more? I don't think so.

There, we have accounted for much of the cabinet's work. But what about the SoFA? Is he overworked? Yes. Should his duties be split among several people? Yes.

When we throw a CoS into the mix, we have given each person a large but manageable amount of work. What is wrong with that?

The fact that the President and Vice President as well as their cabinet already are overworked.  If anything the size of the cabinet should be increased rather than gotten rid of.  They do so many things behind the scenes that they almost can not be counted, as well as their outward jobs here.(Not to mention their real lives which they need to take care of to).  You have often said that the cabinet members have done very little in their jobs.(Before you say I am "corrupting" your statements just look at your response to my speech "I do not feel that they have done very much in their positions as members of the Cabinet"), the fact is that your words were not corrupted.  You do not seem to understand the amount of work all of these men put into Atlasia and how taxing it is on them.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #72 on: February 12, 2008, 07:42:20 PM »
« Edited: November 13, 2008, 11:50:20 PM by Председатель Захар »

They do so many things behind the scenes that they almost can not be counted.  You have often said that the cabinet members have done very little in their jobs.

I'm sure this is true, but could you provide me with some examples?

(Before you say I am "corrupting" your statements just look at your response to my speech "I do not feel that they have done very much in their positions as members of the Cabinet"), the fact is that your words were not corrupted.

Yes, they were. I said that I did not see them doing as much work inside their positions as outside. This has been taken to mean that I disapproved of the job they were doing.
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix

« Reply #73 on: February 12, 2008, 08:26:14 PM »

How is "Only Xahar said anything about abolishing the cabinet. I think you're doing a great job..." accusing you of criticizing the cabinet? You didn't criticize them per se, but you did call for the abolition of their posts.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #74 on: February 12, 2008, 08:36:56 PM »

Xahar is not the only one to call for the abolition of the Cabinet.  I fully support the idea, as I mentioned in my speech.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies