Mid-2014 county population estimates out tomorrow, March 26 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 01:41:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Mid-2014 county population estimates out tomorrow, March 26 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Mid-2014 county population estimates out tomorrow, March 26  (Read 29000 times)
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: May 07, 2015, 07:29:11 PM »

Muon, how would you see WA's districts coming together?
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2015, 06:06:26 PM »

OR is currently forecast to still have 5 CDs after 2020. That fits very well with the current projection of Multnomah county to have almost exactly 20% of the state population. A 5 CD split can preserve the UCCs (3 CDs for the Portland UCC) and keep whole counties with less than 2.5% deviation from the quota.

However, OR is on the bubble to gain a 6th CD, so it's useful to look at that as well. Multnomah will be too large for one CD and going south with the new CD requires chops to counties and UCCs. If the counties along the Columbia are combined with Clackamas and the remainder of Multnomah, it is possible to create a 6 CD plan that only splits Multnomah, chops no UCCs, and stays with 2.5% of the quota.

That 6 CD plan would be very, very competitive. It'd make DeFazio's area much less safe, probably end Greg Walden's political career with Presidential turnout (unless he moves from Hood River) and that new Salem/Corvallis district would probably start as a Lean D tossup.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2015, 10:07:33 AM »

Muon and Torie, is it alright if I use some of your estimates/maps on here as a baseline for drawing maps for my timeline?
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2015, 11:59:05 AM »

Muon and Torie, is it alright if I use some of your estimates/maps on here as a baseline for drawing maps for my timeline?

Why not? It's all for Atlas, right?

Absolutely, and I'd credit both you and Torie in the TL.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies