Allard: No third term (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 04:02:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Allard: No third term (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Allard: No third term  (Read 4849 times)
Adlai Stevenson
United Kingdom

« on: January 15, 2007, 04:33:22 PM »

Bob Schaffer and Scott McInnis are both favoured to get in the race alongside Bob Beauprez, apparently. 
Adlai Stevenson
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2007, 04:46:21 PM »

Bob Schaffer and Scott McInnis are both favoured to get in the race alongside Bob Beauprez, apparently. 

If those three are the only candidates, I am behind McInnis for the nomination. I really hope Owens gets in the race so we can at least make Udall/DSCC work a little for the seat.
[/quote

It seems Owens is unlikely to.  Its odd that both McInnis and Schaffer gave up their seats; in a way it marks them out as honourable politicians.  I would also say McInnis is more likely because he talked about running for Governor in 2006 and had already discussed running for Senator if Allard stepped aside.
Adlai Stevenson
United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2007, 05:03:22 PM »
« Edited: January 16, 2007, 10:11:12 AM by Adlai Stevenson »

If those three are the only candidates, I am behind McInnis for the nomination. I really hope Owens gets in the race so we can at least make Udall/DSCC work a little for the seat.

It seems Owens is unlikely to.  Its odd that both McInnis and Schaffer gave up their seats; in a way it marks them out as honourable politicians.  I would also say McInnis is more likely because he talked about running for Governor in 2006 and had already discussed running for Senator if Allard stepped aside.

Word from "CO GOP sources" says that Owens will probably get in. The truth or just wishful thinking? We shall see.

My predictions:

COLORADO SENATE
Udall (D) 49%
Owens (R) 48%

Udall (D) 52%
Schaffer (R) 45%

Udall (D) 51%
McInnis (R) 47%

Udall (D) 58%
Tancredo (R) 40%
Adlai Stevenson
United Kingdom

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2007, 10:14:48 AM »

I agree that McInnis would be a stronger candidate than Schaffer, who was defeated by Pete Coors in the 2004 GOP Senate Primary and who represented CO-4.  He is probably now too conservative statewide. 

As for Hickenlooper running, he passed up opportunities to run for the Senate in 2004 and Governor in 2006; I can't see him being interested given that Udall is already the declared Democratic candidate and the unanimous choice of the Party.  One factor that will definitely work in Udall's favour is that he already has money and organisation from his announcement in March 2005.  The Republican candidate will have none of these until they are nominated. 
Adlai Stevenson
United Kingdom

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2007, 10:56:42 AM »

I keep emphasising that McInnis is a far better than Schaffer but anyhow there is always Gale Ann Norton. 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies