Some of the potential 2012 Republican Candidates in November 2008
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 31, 2024, 04:28:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Some of the potential 2012 Republican Candidates in November 2008
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Some of the potential 2012 Republican Candidates in November 2008  (Read 1144 times)
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 06, 2011, 11:24:52 AM »

For your amusement....

David Vitter
Mark Sanford
Steve Poizner
Linda Lingle
John Kyl
Chuck Hagel
Lindsey Graham
John Ensign
Charlie Crist
Norm Coleman
George Allen
Lamar Alexander

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Republican_Party_%28United_States%29_presidential_primaries,_2012&diff=255065697&oldid=254821513

Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2011, 02:29:03 PM »

Why isnt Lingle running? She would be a interesting candidate.
redcommander
YaBB God
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2011, 02:30:40 PM »

Why isnt Lingle running? She would be a interesting candidate.

I don't think she could swing Hawaii considering Obama is more popular than her there. She would be a very good candidate though. Personally, I would have liked to see Jodi Rell run for president, but I don't think she wants the job.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2011, 09:03:43 PM »

Mark Sanford, the Governor who sleeps with $2,000.00 tramps, yes, this would go over well.

Whether his girlfriends turned tricks for 50 bucks or 2,000 bucks, a tramp is still a tramp.

On the other hand, George Allen has what it takes.  Others who have been elected President suffered electoral defeats before winning the top prize.   
Lupo
Rookie

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2011, 09:09:49 PM »

On the other hand, George Allen has what it takes.  Others who have been elected President suffered electoral defeats before winning the top prize.   

Sure but did any of them suffer electoral defeat via such an infamous gaffe?
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2011, 03:22:37 PM »

I don't recall anyone mentioning George Allen as a contender for the Presidency after 2006. And I don't recall anyone mentioning Vitter for it at all.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2011, 03:53:43 PM »

On the other hand, George Allen has what it takes.

I suppose if you determine racism and sexism to be "what it takes" then yea. I guess some people really do want to go back to the ways of the founding fathers.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2011, 06:13:10 PM »

I suppose if you determine racism and sexism to be "what it takes" then yea. I guess some people really do want to go back to the ways of the founding fathers.
sexism? That's what his campaign tried to paint Jim Webb as, but I hadn't heard that accusation against him.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2011, 09:28:28 PM »

sexism? That's what his campaign tried to paint Jim Webb as, but I hadn't heard that accusation against him.
I dont think he is sexist, and I dont think he is racist due to the incident in High School where he wore the Confederate flag lepel either..but, I cant defend him too much. Maccagate is well, Maccagate.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2011, 12:47:47 AM »

I dont think he is racist due to the incident in High School where he wore the Confederate flag lepel either

uhh That's not why people think he's a racist.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2011, 02:32:56 PM »

I dont think he is racist due to the incident in High School where he wore the Confederate flag lepel either

uhh That's not why people think he's a racist.
Thats a documented incident though..people were hearing that long before Maccagate.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2011, 04:51:16 PM »

I do not believe that Allen is a sexist or a racist.  One would have to look closely at his record as a member of the U.S. House of Representatives, as Governor of Virginia, and as U.S. Senator from Virginia, in total 1991-2007, to determine his record of positive achievements. 

When I said Allen has what it takes, what I mean is that he has a positive record of public service and experience.

Clearly, the Macaca incident is unacceptable, but Allen has apologized for it.

Senator Robert Byrd issued an apology as well, for being a member of the Ku Klux Klan at one time.

So as we can see, redemption is possible.

George Allen is not seeking the Presidency, and I doubt very much he ever will.  He is seeking election to the U.S. Senate again.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2011, 05:53:35 PM »

I do not believe that Allen is a sexist or a racist.  One would have to look closely at his record as a member of the U.S. House of Representatives, as Governor of Virginia, and as U.S. Senator from Virginia, in total 1991-2007, to determine his record of positive achievements. 

When I said Allen has what it takes, what I mean is that he has a positive record of public service and experience.

Clearly, the Macaca incident is unacceptable, but Allen has apologized for it.

Senator Robert Byrd issued an apology as well, for being a member of the Ku Klux Klan at one time.

So as we can see, redemption is possible.

George Allen is not seeking the Presidency, and I doubt very much he ever will.  He is seeking election to the U.S. Senate again.
I dont hold racism against Byrd, or Allen, but I have to agree with you on Maccagate...It was stupid.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies