rant on what frustrates me with the democratic party (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 05:29:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  rant on what frustrates me with the democratic party (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: rant on what frustrates me with the democratic party  (Read 3400 times)
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -9.04

« on: April 01, 2011, 10:07:15 AM »

Despite Obama's win in 2008, I feel like the democrats are still stuck in a rut that they've been in since about 1968. Too often they are on the defensive as they have been accused of (among other things): being soft on crime, not being patriotic, lacking moral fiber etc.

Its time that the democrats start going on the offensive. They need to think of a strategy similar to what Nixon did when he made a comeback in 1968. He basically co-opted dem talking points (such as populism) and used it to his advantage. Its time for democrats to do the same. Instead of being the attacked, we can attack them in commercials. We can run commercials similar to Willie Horton talking about how (insert Republican governor) was soft on crime or run a commercial accusing a republican of not being a patriotic, god-fearing American. 

Ever head the story of Kent Hance? He ran for congress in a republican district in 1978 (which was a decent year for republicans nationwide) against the young but well-funded man by the name of George W. Bush. So how did he win? He co-opted the arguments that Bush often spoke of, and used it against him claiming that he was a yankee carpetbagger who was out of touch with the christian values of west Texas.

kent hance wasn't even a DINO. he was aconservative republican who said he was a democrat... but when he left congress, he switched parties.
yeah, maybe democrats could have won every state in 2008.. with a candidate as liberal as kent hance, bobby bright or zel miller.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies