Five Dollar Footlong, all month long (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 12:44:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Five Dollar Footlong, all month long (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Five Dollar Footlong, all month long
Italian BMT

Sweet Onion Chicken Teriyaki

Turkey Breast

Tuna

Turkey & Black Forest Ham

Buffalo Chicken

Hell no!  They got no fries at Subway.

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 38

Author Topic: Five Dollar Footlong, all month long  (Read 14052 times)
opebo
Atlas Legend

« on: February 21, 2013, 02:42:59 PM »

They actually have Subways in Thailand, but I wouldn't eat in such a place even in the USA.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2013, 03:07:02 PM »

They actually have Subways in Thailand, but I wouldn't eat in such a place even in the USA.

I don't blame you.  The food station at the one up the street from my house looks like a bomb went off in it half the time.  Ick.

The quality of the bread and meat seemed abysmal to me.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2013, 03:21:43 PM »

I do really miss a proper sandwich - obviously there are no good sandwiches in Thailand.  But Subway is not good.

Over here I do get the very rare sandwich fix in Laos and Cambodia:

opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2013, 04:10:07 PM »

I know I do, Grumps! I've done it to myself too, and now I have to go eat something from 7-11 before bed (its four AM and nothing but noodle soup at the street-stalls).

Can't comment on the pig's ear and pig liver sandwich since I haven't yet had one. 

You have to try one angus, and you too Lief - they are amazing.  Full of hot peppers and herbs, and best of all the fatty meats and pickled veg, all on a proper baguette.

You can get the Bahn Mi in the Bad Place. I get them from time to time here in Memphis, so certainly they're available in any city.

So right memphis, I used to eat them in St. Louis at at least 4-5 different places, even one that sold only Bahn Mi (and ice coffee).  And, in some cases the Bahn Mi was somewhere near authentic.  However they're cheaper in Phnom Penh or Vientiane.  And the ambiance is 100 times better.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2013, 04:16:19 PM »

Pho pretty much bores me, like most Asian noodle soups.

opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2013, 04:17:22 PM »

I think I've had one before, but apparently it was far from authentic! There was just the BBQ pork, none of the other pork deliciousnesses.

That's right! Ultimately the sandwich rests, deep down, on the pork liver, but all the fatty parts are necessary.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2013, 01:04:04 PM »

angus, if that minimum-wage worker at Subaway only spent his money on sandwiches and marijuana perhaps it wouldn't be so bad, but keep in mind he also requires the 'roof over his head' and the transport to get to location of his exploitation.  So, his situation is impossible even if he can buy a bit of low-quality low-nutrition food.

By the way, I haven't the slightest clue what marijuana costs, but I have to admit I'm astounded that it could be affordable for minimum wage people as angus claims.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2013, 02:19:42 PM »

Glad you liked it, angus.  What was a Vietnamese guy doing in your office?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies