Georgia's Very Own Megathread!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 10:58:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Georgia's Very Own Megathread!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 85 86 87 [88] 89 90 91 92 93 ... 105
Author Topic: Georgia's Very Own Megathread!  (Read 316015 times)
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2175 on: July 09, 2018, 06:56:19 PM »

And here's the two-party primary vote shares by CD:

If this wave were big enough and the party had quality candidates with organization in several of these districts (1, 10 & 12)

Do we?
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #2176 on: July 09, 2018, 07:18:15 PM »

And here's the two-party primary vote shares by CD:

If this wave were big enough and the party had quality candidates with organization in several of these districts (1, 10 & 12)

Do we?

It can be argued that we have decent candidates in 2 of the 3 at minimum.

In the 12th, it's Francys Johnson (former head of the GA NAACP). He's a great speaker, but I have no idea the extent of his campaign's quality. I would assume he has sufficient resources to run a quality campaign, however.

In the 1st, it's Lisa Ring. Former Bernie delegate and organizer, she is competent at this kind of work. I haven't been following it too closely, but I know she's putting in more organizational work (and raising more money) than any other Democratic candidate there in several cycles.

In the 10th, Tabitha Johnson-Green. I have no idea who this is other than she's a nurse and business owner; assuming based on local reporting that she's a no-name who squeezed through like a variety of other candidates up and down the ballot did this year (specifically in this race, female + top of the ballot status + black-sounding surname against two "weird" names). Chalis Montgomery was the best bet for this race, but she only got around 25% of the vote. To be fair, this was the least opportune of the three districts anyway, but the primary upset likely blew any chance here. What really sucks, however, is that it was in this CD where GA Dems managed to pick up 2 HDs around Athens in special elections; lots of Democratic surging going on there locally.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2177 on: July 09, 2018, 07:43:50 PM »

I truly believe Chalis Montgomery had a real shot to contest the 10th District. At least keeping Hice on his toes but some no-name candidate with absolutely no grasp of public policy (she said in a debate she was against raising minimum wage because everything else would go up Roll Eyes ) won because she had the first name on the ballot. The district is made up of 25 rural counties, that’s a lot of ground to cover especially with an electorate that is full of low propensity voters.

Maybe Francys Johnson in the 12th can make some serious in roads. He is closely tied to Abrams and there is allegedly going to be money coming from the national party specifically for rural black voters.

Looks like Rob Woodall will be re-elected comfortably but at least the race will be pumping new voters to our statewide races.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2178 on: July 09, 2018, 08:30:26 PM »

Cagle raised $3.7 million, $1.3 million on hand

Kemp raised $1.6 million, $700,000 on hand

https://politics.myajc.com/blog/politics/georgia-2018-cagle-sharpens-fundraising-edge-over-kemp-gop-race/bHYERGhblkVNZ5CrTiN34N/
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

« Reply #2179 on: July 09, 2018, 08:32:00 PM »

Hmmm, I see. Looks like I want Kemp to win the primary now.
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.50

« Reply #2180 on: July 09, 2018, 08:51:17 PM »

Lol they’re wasting so much of their money. Abrams has more cash than both of them
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #2181 on: July 09, 2018, 09:02:54 PM »

I wouldn't be fooled by these figures. For Q2, just the two GOP runoff candidates combined pulled almost two-thirds of the haul between them and Abrams (and I'm sure there was a decent chunk in the first half of this quarter going to the others as well, so likely over two-thirds went to the GOP in reality).

That will not only consolidate but likely intensify after the end of the month (Abrams' will as well). I'm expecting Abrams to be outraised 2:1 in Q3. They're catching up but it's unfortunate they spent so much money early on (and in retrospect, probably also unnecessary).
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix

« Reply #2182 on: July 09, 2018, 09:10:33 PM »

That will not only consolidate but likely intensify after the end of the month (Abrams' will as well). I'm expecting Abrams to be outraised 2:1 in Q3. They're catching up but it's unfortunate they spent so much money early on (and in retrospect, probably also unnecessary).

Do you mean Abrams spending money unnecessarily early on or Cagle and Kemp?
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #2183 on: July 09, 2018, 09:20:46 PM »

Abrams
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix

« Reply #2184 on: July 09, 2018, 09:49:57 PM »

Abrams

I guess hindsight is 20/20 and her team thought the primary would be closer but spending so much early on has been her only real mistake
BundouYMB

« Reply #2185 on: July 10, 2018, 12:55:47 PM »

Abrams

I guess hindsight is 20/20 and her team thought the primary would be closer but spending so much early on has been her only real mistake

I don't think it was a mistake because most of it was spent developing their fearsome ground operation, which is still somewhat active after the primary. If it was mostly spent on TV ads it would be wasted, but the ground op development will still be useful in November.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2186 on: July 10, 2018, 11:18:56 PM »

^ I agree. Abrams is building a GOTV apparatus that we can use not only in November but in 2020.

Abrams is going to have more money coming in to help her though. Democracy in Color (officially PowerPAC Georgia) is planning on spending $10 million to turn out low propensity African-Americans in rural Georgia:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

https://www.sfchronicle.com/politics/article/These-Bay-Area-activists-helped-Stacey-Abrams-win-12938715.php

The DNC will also be investing in rural black turnout too. Combine that with what I am sure will be increased AA and Hispanic turnout in the Metro, Metro whites and Asians defecting, and a potential depressed vote in white rural areas with Corrupt Casey as the nominee, and we've got ourselves a race! I'm very excited.

TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #2187 on: July 11, 2018, 09:53:31 AM »

Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2188 on: July 11, 2018, 05:26:34 PM »

The Academy Award for Best Actor goes to..... Roll Eyes

https://youtu.be/rtRYWCYVuxY

LOL at words coming out of his own mouth being "fake news"
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix

« Reply #2189 on: July 11, 2018, 05:28:48 PM »

Love the two random black guys in the crowd
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #2190 on: July 11, 2018, 07:38:10 PM »

What a dork.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #2191 on: July 11, 2018, 07:44:35 PM »

What a dork.

I know most people aren't on Youtube to watch political ads, but Cagle's channel nevertheless stands out as particularly sad. 60 subscribers? Older videos with 8 views? 8 views?!

Enthusiasm for this guy is clearly sky high, lol.
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

« Reply #2192 on: July 11, 2018, 07:48:12 PM »

WHAT IS HE DOING?! Why? This makes no sense!
Kemp was positioning himself as the Firebrand before the primary and now, Cagle was suppost to be the moderate statesmen. Why is he doing this? Why is he discarding the brand he has made to appeal to the suburbs? The only reason must be hes down, but this will just get rid of the voters who didnt like Kemp's shotgun and son-in-law to be.

Now that I look at this primary, it is shaping up to be a repeat of the Dem primary. Two different candidates spar, one paints themself as the moderate, the other as the firethrower, then the moderate changes positions to be the firethrower and make the previous firethrower the moderate. Im thinking Kemp is gonna win this.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2193 on: July 11, 2018, 08:04:22 PM »

Kemp was positioning himself as the Firebrand before the primary and now, Cagle was suppost to be the moderate statesmen. Why is he doing this? Why is he discarding the brand he has made to appeal to the suburbs? The only reason must be hes down, but this will just get rid of the voters who didnt like Kemp's shotgun and son-in-law to be.

Now that I look at this primary, it is shaping up to be a repeat of the Dem primary. Two different candidates spar, one paints themself as the moderate, the other as the firethrower, then the moderate changes positions to be the firethrower and make the previous firethrower the moderate. Im thinking Kemp is gonna win this.

I'm leaning that way too.  There's almost a sense of desperation coming from Cagle at this point.
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix

« Reply #2194 on: July 11, 2018, 08:43:37 PM »

I'm leaning that way too.  There's almost a sense of desperation coming from Cagle at this point.

Kemp has had the momentum for a while now
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #2195 on: July 11, 2018, 08:44:58 PM »

What a dork.

rofl...even his sons are like wtf are we doing here
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #2196 on: July 11, 2018, 08:48:53 PM »

Hilariously enough, this campaign persona is closer to the real Cagle than what he's been pretending to be all this time.
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix

« Reply #2197 on: July 11, 2018, 09:42:52 PM »

Hilariously enough, this campaign persona is closer to the real Cagle than what he's been pretending to be all this time.

If he's trying to pivot, it's happening too late in the runoff. He might be doing it to get a start if he gets through the GE.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2198 on: July 12, 2018, 05:25:45 PM »

Clay Tippins says it his mission to damage Casey Cagle and there are more snippets of the tape coming.

https://www.macon.com/news/politics-government/election/article214774795.html

FF. Tongue

I hope Cagle wins the primary despite me wanting to relish in the embarrassment of the obscenely bankrolled corrupt fraud being denied his coronation.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #2199 on: July 12, 2018, 05:28:46 PM »

I feel like an idiot for asking this, but I can't remember whether it's Cagle or Kemp who is seen as the un-electable idiot who'd actually give Abrams a good shot at winning.
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 85 86 87 [88] 89 90 91 92 93 ... 105  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies