Obama's "church" (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 02:58:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Obama's "church" (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Obama's "church"  (Read 8331 times)
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: March 13, 2008, 03:10:56 PM »

This attack on Obama is disgusting. The republicans will do anything to win and will end America in the process.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2008, 03:14:57 PM »

Hagee is a small-time bigot relative to Jeremiah Wright.  It's like comparing David Duke to Adolph Hitler.

By what standards? Hagee is on tv and has Republican candidates beating a path to his door, begging for his endorsement. No one would have heard of Wright if Obama hadn't belonged to his church.

Like I said, the GOP will spew as much filth as possible to stay in power, even as America becomes the next Titanic.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2008, 03:20:12 PM »

This attack on Obama is disgusting. The republicans will do anything to win and will end America in the process.

Truth hurts, doesn't it?

"If he were Caucasian, yeah you know he'd wear a sheet, Farrakhan, Louis Farrakhan can"

...and it continues

Hagee is a small-time bigot relative to Jeremiah Wright.  It's like comparing David Duke to Adolph Hitler.

By what standards? Hagee is on tv and has Republican candidates beating a path to his door, begging for his endorsement. No one would have heard of Wright if Obama hadn't belonged to his church.

Like I said, the GOP will spew as much filth as possible to stay in power, even as America becomes the next Titanic.

Come on...we all don't buy this garbage, and I'm not quite sure the GOP-Borg entity you seem to insinuate exists is responsible for this press.
Apparently so...

Uh, no... that's Hillary Clinton who would do that Smiley

I just don't want to have a President who gets his religious inspiration from someone who is unabashadely racist.

ummmm... he rejected HIS endorsement... yet, you gather at hate. See? You don't care so long as you win... you rather America be a third world country than you be not in power..
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2008, 03:21:50 PM »

True. It's like attacking Obama because one of my friends who supports him says that the best way Minneapolis can solve the Scientology problem is by sending the SWAT team into the local Church of Scientology and start spraying gunfire everywhere.

Which is basically the Republicans solution to everything... .
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2008, 03:24:28 PM »

Doesn't anyone get it?

Republicans don't care about the facts as long as they don't suit their interests. They'd much rather base their arguments on Internet smear campaigns and street rumors. 
They are bullies and liars. 'Nuff said.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2008, 04:17:12 PM »

To actually think that Obama joined this church because he was inspired by Wright's opinion about how we were the cause of 9/11 and other ridiculous claims is idiotic to say the least.

Of course not.  Obama has been influenced by these teachings for far longer than just seven years.

Ummm...you don't need to believe everything that someone says to be inspired by them. This has nothing to do with Obama this is just a Republican smear tactic.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2008, 06:51:31 PM »

The more I hear about Obama's pastor and his associations with the pastor, the more upset I get.  Throughout this campaign I have moved from admiration of Obama because of his supposed bipartisanship and message of national unity, to disdain for the cult-like attitude of his supporters, and now to anger that the Democrat Party would nominate a man who clearly sympathizes with anti-American sentiments and evil and racist acts.

The Farrakkhan association, the "U.S. of KKK-A", the support of the 9/11 terrorist acts... all of this will come home to roost on Obama's doorstep.

To the Dems who think Obama is a better G.E. candidate... look at how the polls are turning around.  It's almost amusing how you have all been fooled - but yet terrifying that so many well-intentioned, smart, decent people have been walked willingly into the slaughterhouse.

I am a partisan, and would have supported the Republican nominee under any normal circumstances -- but I am now angry and will fight like hell to elect John McCain to protect our country from anti-semites and anti-caucasian bigots.

Maybe this country can come together and be united.... against Barack Obama.

We're still beating this dead horse?

Yeah. The Republican base from Sam to Don is uniting the only way they know.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2008, 12:21:25 PM »

Like I said, these attacks are made by people who are willing to gain the world and are willing to sacrifice America in the process.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2008, 12:37:08 PM »

Gee...give it a rest. This is stupid and hurting the country.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2008, 03:48:38 PM »

1) What would your opinion be if some generic candidate (republican or democrat) was a member of the Westboro Baptist Church but said he didn't agree with some of the comments made by Fred Phelps?

Hell. That happens all of the time. Your candidate praises a guy who actively hates catholics.

2) What would your opinion be if some generic candidate (republican or democrat) was a member of the KKK but said he didn't agree in negative treatment of non-whites?

Ummmm...wha? Comparing this to a member in the KKK shows how disgraceful this attack is.

3) What would your opinion be if some generic candidate (republican or democrat) was a member of PETA but didn't believe that people should become vegetarians?

I'm sure there are people like this.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2008, 04:13:14 PM »

1) What would your opinion be if some generic candidate (republican or democrat) was a member of the Westboro Baptist Church but said he didn't agree with some of the comments made by Fred Phelps?

Hell. That happens all of the time. Your candidate praises a guy who actively hates catholics.

2) What would your opinion be if some generic candidate (republican or democrat) was a member of the KKK but said he didn't agree in negative treatment of non-whites?

Ummmm...wha? Comparing this to a member in the KKK shows how disgraceful this attack is.

3) What would your opinion be if some generic candidate (republican or democrat) was a member of PETA but didn't believe that people should become vegetarians?

I'm sure there are people like this.

*sigh*

No cure for KoolAid drinkers, modu.

Standard nutjob reply to a competent post:

*sigh*
No cure for KoolAid drinkers

Exactly. They are destroying our country and blaming it on us... I guess they are getting a 2 for 1 deal.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2008, 04:27:45 PM »

I'm sorry. I now see the error in my ways. I shall worship at the almighty feet of Obama and honor & respect the new religion of Global Warming which has been cast out in my direction. I'm not worthy, I'm not worthy.

oh noonononono.... I shall accept John McCain as my personal lord and savior and make his gospel of unending war the center of my life.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2008, 05:00:21 PM »

Well, Obama has written a peice that is available on RealClearPolitics. You should read it.
1.  Belonging to a church does not, repeat not, mean that the member of the church agrees with everything the member says.

2.  In Obama's case, he has touted Pastor Wright as his spiritual adviser and emphasized his (Obama's) faith.

3.  Pastor Wright has delivered some sermons that are, inflammatory to say the least.

Is Obama willing to say, "I disagree with Pastor Wright on these things?"  Did he walk up to Pastor Wright after these services and say, "I'm afraid I disagree with you on that point?"
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2008, 05:06:40 PM »

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2008/03/on_my_faith_and_my_church.html
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2008, 05:18:49 PM »

Are you sure you're not on a partisan fishing expedition?
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2008, 05:23:20 PM »

statement translated - My mask is slipping.  I gotta get this MF back on pronto.

whatever....
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2008, 05:37:59 PM »

He sat through this hate monger's sermons for 20 years.

Yeah, whatever.

Yeah, but he didn't know about them.... I mean, the guy was a Marine.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2008, 08:18:51 PM »

No it's not the whole picture.  More pieces of the picture to come out in the form of more sermons in the next few days.

Something tells me Obama talking to Olbermann isn't going to quite reach the audiance (voting demographics) that are going to be concerned about this whole thing.  Olbermann's audiance is the hard core lefties.  Hell, they agree with everything Wright says.

Another unfair attack. The republican media has basically given the election to McCain....for now.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2008, 10:32:25 AM »

Some people's logic in this thread is reminiscent of my own regarding Republican candidates. Having a candidate merely be a member of such a vile party makes me question their judgment to the point where I simply cannot bring myself to vote for them.

lol
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2008, 10:21:16 AM »

That's about right. We just gotta get the Big O through this mess and the types in my signature will soon be just political refuse overfilled with sedition and hate when President Obama is sworn in.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2008, 10:43:20 AM »

This thread is the perfect example of how the forum has become nothing more than an anti-Obama echo chamber.

wow.. this is chutzpah.. or complete blindness. I have exactly the opposite perception of what the forum has become.

Well, I used to think that too, back when the Republicans were focused on their own primary. Today I realized the apparent bias had shifted quite in the opposite direction when I saw a full quarter of threads on the front page were wholly anti-Obama.

Get over it.  This is a political forum.  Trust me, the Obama cult of personality that we dealt with for weeks was much more irritating.

A political forum focused on hatred isn't one I want to be a part of. I'd much prefer that discussion shifted back to the relative merits of the candidates rather than a hivemind of "oh! look at what Obama did wrong now! And now! Oh!"

You hit the nail on the head.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2008, 12:57:36 PM »

Actually, I have done a poll. This is hardly an echo chambler as this forum is pretty representative of the entire country- though there could be a 3 or 4 more fundies posting.

Anyway, its reasonable to each side that it is an echo chamber.

My opinion on this is that it will either weed out Obama and let the party unite around HillDawg, so that she can compete nationally (instead of in the rust belt) or that it will give Obama the expierence he needs to pull through and win the election by winning all of the fast-growth purple states and all of Gore+Kerry states.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies