Politics and Elections in the Netherlands: Rutte III era (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 27, 2024, 12:38:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Politics and Elections in the Netherlands: Rutte III era (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Politics and Elections in the Netherlands: Rutte III era  (Read 136625 times)
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« on: March 17, 2021, 07:02:11 PM »

Jumping in here for my once-per-election hot take on Dutch politics that I otherwise pay next to no attention to and should not be listened to: D66 was my fave in 2017 and they still seem pretty good. However, according to a chart of "who should you support" I saw a couple days ago on Twitter. Denk looks like it might be closer to my views, but also a little bit less mainstream. So, those are probably who I'm "rooting for" today. Feel free to tell me I'm crazy as long as you tell me why.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2021, 07:32:19 PM »
« Edited: March 17, 2021, 07:36:25 PM by Crumpets »

What’s the deal with the BIJ1 splinter group from DENK? A more ‘doctrinaire’ anti-racist et al party but not one catering specifically to the Dutch Turkish/Moroccan communities as DENK seems to do?

Split off because of the lack of perceived support within DENK for progressive social change that doesn't just involve more autonomy for Turkish-Dutch, and of course sometimes those local issues are social conservative. Also problems with the parties capture by that community and the baggage that comes with it like Armenian Genocide denial and Erdogan.

Possibly unrelated, but biji is Kurdish for "Long live"/"viva," and "Biji Kurdistan" is a common rally cry among Kurdish nationalists.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies