BREAKING: Trump Fires Comey (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 08:16:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  BREAKING: Trump Fires Comey (search mode)
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: BREAKING: Trump Fires Comey  (Read 41567 times)
I Won - Get Over It
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2017, 10:04:55 AM »

The problem is the mainstream media has lost all credibility by showing its obvious liberal bias. This has been long known, but never more visible than with Trump. Therefore, conservatives feel it falls on them to defend 'their man'. There's no question that some of the coverage has been hyperbolic. I agree with Howard Kurtz at Fox News. He stipulates that it's true Trump's rationale that Comey was fired over the Clinton e-mails is hard to believe, but still that comparisons of Trump to Nixon or suggestions that Pence will soon take over go too far, and are hysterical. This is quite right. Besides, such suggestions will only lead to false hope among liberals when they fail to materialize (as is likely). This Kurtz is a reasonable fellow, he should be given his own show if Hannity leaves.

Yepp. Trump was not born 'teflon'. Media made him that way. He is though (very?) good at exploiting that (their bias). Credit where it's due.

Fact checkers do have a well known bias against stupid
I see.
I Won - Get Over It
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2017, 10:49:07 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Another lie

Alternative fact, folks!
I Won - Get Over It
« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2017, 11:06:41 AM »

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-russia-resources-idUSKBN1872AW?il=0
I Won - Get Over It
« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2017, 11:26:26 AM »

Sorry buddy...I dont trust the FAKE NEWS mainstream media...until InfoWars or Alex Jones says its true...I dont believe it.

This argument is patented by Republicans and only can by used by Blue avatars.
Your post is reported to the Mods.
I Won - Get Over It
« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2017, 11:53:12 AM »

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/05/11/rosenstein-seeks-meeting-with-senate-intelligence-leaders-238268

'Curiouser and curiouser' said Alice.
I Won - Get Over It
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2017, 12:04:01 PM »

2:34 long video

https://twitter.com/NBCNightlyNews/status/862713274676072448

I Won - Get Over It
« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2017, 12:15:35 PM »

Trump just exposed more lies!

Woo boy

He'll get away with it all. Paul Ryan is so desperate to kill poor people that he'll let him get away with anything
Get away with what?
I Won - Get Over It
« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2017, 01:46:10 PM »

Trump said (in NBC interview) that he asked Comey whether he was under investigation.

I'm now reading in twitter that it might be illegal to ask the man who investigates you about it. Anyone knows?
I Won - Get Over It
« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2017, 04:19:47 PM »

https://twitter.com/PeterAlexander/status/862774350398849024
NBC/SurveyMonkey poll finds 54% think it was inappropriate to fire Comey, 38% find it "appropriate"

After having reflected a bit I came to the conclusion that this is exactly what voters (at least in the swing states) voted for. The fat dude from Apprentice who in a cool (in some sense) way fires people for stupid reasons LIVE.

Joke aside, 38% is an unexpectedly large number.
I Won - Get Over It
« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2017, 04:59:44 PM »

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/862758098892619780
I Won - Get Over It
« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2017, 05:15:15 PM »

I doubt he personally collaborated with Russia. He isn't competent enough for that.

It's the stealth that's hurting him. His actions make it look like he has something to hide....even if he doesn't. 

No, it is 'delaying' that hurts him badly. He needs a fast investigation regardless the results (so did Hillary). RussiaGate has actually fewer indication of wrongdoing than HerEmails&Benghazi. And those two were obvious nothing-burgers.

I mean, I've totally got (game theory behind) why Democrats want this investigation to take years and years. GOP did the same (to Hillary) and succeed (ruined her image). Emails&Benghazi were totally bs, so is Russia thing.
I Won - Get Over It
« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2017, 05:38:35 PM »

So tell us, why is he stonewalling and firing the FBI director and refusing an independent prosecutor? They would clear him and give him a huge victory over the Left if he allowed a full investigation with all the resources needed.

1) How 'independent' is an independent prosecutor?
2) Is not/Was not FBI:s investigation supposed to be independent? Why did they start (and keeps) leaking and make it public?

'Anonymous official' just could wait until FBI fulfills their investigation and presents the results. Everyone would be happy, no?  Or did they think that FBI/Comey would cover up Trump (then it would be totally OK to leak)?
I Won - Get Over It
« Reply #37 on: May 11, 2017, 05:45:08 PM »
« Edited: May 11, 2017, 05:48:01 PM by I Won - Get Over It »

So you don't think anyone on Trump's campaign made an explicit or even implicit agreement to have all those emails/etc leaked, in order to hurt Clinton? You really think after everything that has happened, that that is unlikely? It would be a very simple conversation, and it's already known there are some strange links between various campaign aides/Manafort and the Russians. I don't get how someone could just cross that off the list of possibilities at this point. The only hitch is that such an agreement would be difficult to prove, unless there is digital evidence or some other things I can't think of. That's why we have investigations.
Comey:

The way I see it is, Trump supporters are just going to continue giving him the benefit of the doubt, and anti-Trump people like myself won't, for numerous reasons, including the fact that his behavior is sketchy as hell and he has no credibility, neither now nor during nor even before the campaign. His entire personality is built around shady stuff like this. It's what he does. He's been a liar his entire life, and has moved from one shady business venture to the next.

As I said, I don't understand why Comey went publicly and why there are so many leaks.
Didn't he know how media would spin it? Yeah, it seems to me that he sort of felt bad about Hillary and wanted to balance it...

So my main question is why not do a non-public investigation or at least not comment anything? I just don't get. Transparency? Well, it will result (have already resulted) in 'conspiracy theory' (same as with Clinton) when the only fact you know that Trump's campaign is under investigation. Or was it the intention?
I Won - Get Over It
« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2017, 05:11:50 AM »

Comey is a strong patriot who is well aware of the classified material around Trump relating to his businesses and his Russian ties. I would imagine Comey will not let that die down easily. Neither will his allies in the FBI who feel he was pushed out.

Yepp. So it (as I said initially) is a really good news. Trump's acting resulted in the 'Russia ties' will get even more scrutiny!

The way Trump fired Comey is also very interesting. It was really awful, almost as Trump wanted Comey to react/start to leak. I hope we'll get soon much more new information (if there is something Wink)
I Won - Get Over It
« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2017, 06:55:49 AM »

The full, 13-minutes interview with Trump by NBC
http://www.nbcnews.com/nightly-news/video/pres-trump-s-extended-exclusive-interview-with-lester-holt-at-the-white-house-941854787582

Trump claims that Comey told him three times that he was not under any investigation. And Trump was very specific.

Once at dinner.
Once when Comey called him.
Once when he called Comey.

What will happen if Comey denies it? Will he and Trump testify?
I Won - Get Over It
« Reply #40 on: May 12, 2017, 07:38:20 AM »

Comey and the FBI have already denied that they ever said that to Trump.
Have they?  I've heard only 'I’m not aware of' comments.
I Won - Get Over It
« Reply #41 on: May 12, 2017, 07:44:02 AM »

Trump's going on a Twitter rampage again, guys!

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump 5m5 minutes ago 
James Comey better hope that there are no "tapes" of our conversations before he starts leaking to the press!

LOL
I Won - Get Over It
« Reply #42 on: May 12, 2017, 09:04:11 AM »

LOL, so Trump called and bragged about himself, "taped" it and after 25 leaked it to the media?

As creepy as it is, I really can see Trump calling Comey, bragging about his win, asking Comey about the investigation... and recording it on a tape...

Well, I'd be afraid if I was Comey...
I Won - Get Over It
« Reply #43 on: May 12, 2017, 12:48:59 PM »

A source close to Comey told me this morning: “He hopes there are tapes. That would be perfect.”
https://twitter.com/KenDilanianNBC/status/863076987639926784

Very unexpected. I thought that Comey would say "S**t, dude, I'm done!" Tongue
I Won - Get Over It
« Reply #44 on: May 12, 2017, 02:43:08 PM »

Can this thread become the 'Russiaism is the new Birtherism' thread? (Gass might want to edit it)
I Won - Get Over It
« Reply #45 on: May 12, 2017, 03:58:20 PM »

I Won - Get Over It
« Reply #46 on: May 12, 2017, 05:13:20 PM »

Trump to Fox on whether he asked Comey for loyalty pledge: "I didnt, but I don’t think it would be a bad question to ask"
https://twitter.com/JohnJHarwood/status/863128759855181826

the man is just stupid.....

I Won - Get Over It
« Reply #47 on: May 12, 2017, 06:34:51 PM »

Barry went 2.5 years before handing over his birth certificate. Truly amazing how he got away with it for that long.

yeah, like....it's not your business or something.

Last time I checked my pocket Constitution....I believe its a qualification for the office he assumed in January 2009?

I guess rules were for others for 2.5 years.

Barack Obama should have never made the long form of his birth certificate public, because it proved that the man had no spine.

Instead he should have gone live on television and literally tell the birthers to go f**k themselves.

Agree. Obama should behave like strongman Trump!

Obama should also have stepped in into Emails-investigation and have talked about Russian interference before the election and probably fire Comey. Trump would done it if he was in the same position. But Obama isn't Trump. That's why we've got strongman Trump.

But it is off-topic.

Why does Comey not want to testify? Is it a temporary decision?  Thoughts?
I Won - Get Over It
« Reply #48 on: May 13, 2017, 12:09:04 PM »

http://www.gallup.com/poll/210674/comey-firing-nets-negative-reaction-1993-fbi-firing.aspx

Pretty good (for Trump) I guess.

Pages: 1 [2]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies