Mideast Assembly Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 09:12:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Mideast Assembly Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Mideast Assembly Thread  (Read 256712 times)
The Artist Formerly Known As and Now Again Known As Ogis
agooji

« on: January 30, 2011, 04:25:15 PM »

Inks as Speaker is fine by me.
agooji

« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2011, 11:18:57 PM »

OK, for the sake of expediency, I'll reintroduce legislation that was being discussed in the previous assembly. I'm not necessarily advocating the legislation.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Sponsor- Governor tmth

Sponsor- Governor tmth

There. Time saved! Wink
agooji

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2011, 01:26:12 AM »

Yes, let's start with the amended versions, and move from there.
agooji

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2011, 07:58:19 PM »

I will be out of town until Sunday.  I expect Internet access, although I won't be on much, so the Assembly may run a little slower until Monday.  Although, this isn't too bad, since Agooji is out sick.  Other than what we have on the table now, I'll probably hold off on anything too important until he returns.

I'm back, but we can wait on the important stuff until next week, until you get back. Thanks for being so understanding Smiley
agooji

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2011, 03:01:06 AM »

Speaker No Confidence Amendment

Article III, Section 6 is created to read:

Section 6: No Confidence

1. One-fourth of the registered voters in the Mideast may propose a vote of No Confidence in the Speaker of the Assembly.
2. A popular No Confidence vote shall begin within ten days of their accumulating the necessary support and shall begin between midnight Eastern Standard Time on a Thursday and 0001 Eastern Standard Time on the first Friday thereafter, and shall conclude exactly 72 hours after beginning.
3. A special Assembly meeting shall take place to accumulate the necessary support, and shall begin between midnight Eastern Standard Time on a Thursday and 0001 Eastern Standard Time on the first Friday thereafter, and shall conclude exactly 72 hours after beginning.
      i. The Governor of the Mideast shall open and close the official Assembly voting in place of the Speaker.
4. If a majority or the general populace votes No Confidence, and three of the four unaffected members of Assembly concur in a special election, then the Speaker shall be relieved of his or her duties immediately, but is permitted to retain the office of Assemblyperson.
5. The office of Speaker of the Assembly is awarded to the next in line as dictated by law.
agooji

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2011, 12:12:27 AM »

What about those who teach classes that emphasize the arts (band, choir, orchestra, industrial)? They should have the same incentives that the teachers that teach the standardized
test subjects. My concern is that those who teach the arts, will in the long run, be largely considered as second class by other teachers and will be the target of elimination by many school boards.

We are certainly trying to work on something to rectify this and provide more incentives for teachers of subjects outside the core.

I'm not sure what you mean by this.
agooji

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2011, 11:05:55 PM »

I have really had a great experience in our Assembly, and I would like to thank Inks, Swedish Cheese, Afleicht, Ogis, Gov. A-Bob and GM Badger for their fine work here during my time.
It seems that just as things were starting to get very much interesting around here again, I have been elected to the Senate.  I hope to continue to be able to do everything I can to help our region in a nonofficial capacity.

It was fantastic to work with you, and I wish you the best of luck in federal politics. Cheesy Feel free to drop in and provide your input when you find time in your busy schedule. Tongue
agooji

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2011, 03:10:05 AM »

Vote Deletion Act

1. Deleting one's vote from a regional voting booth after the twenty minute grace period is hereby illegal.
    a. Violators may be punished with no more than a six (6)-month ban on regional voting, a one-year ban on holding an office in the Mideast Assembly or Governorship, and two years probation.
        i. The Mideast Assembly shall open a thread and debate the innocence and/or specific punishment for the accused.
        ii. If the accused is a Mideast Assemblyman, he or she is not permitted to vote in the thread. 
    b. If a Mideastern citizen is found guilty of the said crime again during the probationary period decided by the Mideast Assembly, he or she is to receive a lifetime ban from citizenship in the Mideast.
    c. If a Mideastern election official is found guilty of said crime by the Assembly, he or she is expelled from office, in addition to the aforementioned penalties, and the vacancy is filled in accordance to law.
    d. The application of this statute is limited to ninety (90) days after the election in question.
agooji

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2011, 10:20:42 PM »

Present, and I nominate Inks.
agooji

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2011, 12:48:22 AM »

Vote Deletion Act

1. Deleting one's vote from a regional voting booth after the twenty minute grace period is hereby illegal.
    a. Violators may be punished with no more than a six (6)-month ban on regional voting and a one-year ban on holding an office in the Mideast Assembly or Governorship.
    b. If a Mideastern election official is found guilty of said crime by the Assembly, he or she is expelled from office, in addition to the aforementioned penalties, and the vacancy is filled in accordance to law.
    c. Charges or a lawsuit under this statute must be filed within one week of the certification of the election in question.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies