Would it be acceptable to show executions on Pay-Per-View (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 07:07:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Would it be acceptable to show executions on Pay-Per-View (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Would it be acceptable to show executions on Pay-Per-View  (Read 2720 times)
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« on: October 27, 2006, 07:21:56 PM »

That's a rather vile thought.  I don't think it would do anyone good at all to encourage people to revel in others' deaths, even if they're criminals.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2006, 04:00:44 AM »

Although lethal injection would not be as graphic as other forms of execution, it would still shocking. We are so shielded from death in our society. People die in hospitals and in private and dead from war are almost never shown on tv or in newspapers. I don't think we'd need brutal executions to get the point across.

We see death all the time in our movies and in our video games.  It may be faked, but through these mediums we have become desensitized enough that a mere lethal injection will not drive home the point that you are trying to make.   

You can't seriously think that video games and movies can compare to the real thing. It's no comparison.

I agree that seeing someone die in real life would not be able to compare to the real thing, but you have to remember that if you're watching someone die on TV (which I assume would be the case under Pay-Per-View executions), there really isn't that much difference in terms of what you see between movies and the real thing.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies