Cabinet announcements
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 01:07:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Cabinet announcements
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Cabinet announcements  (Read 7361 times)
dunn

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2004, 04:12:09 PM »

GWBFan

you loughed befor and might do it again but untill a constitution will be written all them talks about senators/member of congress/governors are unlawful and indeed dangerous
the vice president idea for a comittee on the constitutional convention stayed an idea. the proggresive Party (ex constitutional party) convention is at session now and will draft a constitution proposal in  arew days. I know that serious members like demrepdan are working on their draft. as a fan of the US president who does take the constitution seriously I think you should too. and o/c president nym90

Well, then... Let's see here.

Okay.  There is no atlas constitution: accepted.

In that cause, the entire election that occured one weekend ago was in error and should be overlooked.  There was no constitution at the time, making the election unfair and unlawful.  There was no constitution to make sure rules were followed.  No term limits were yet set.  No "popular vote/electoral college" system was selected via a constitution.  I should think that you, being a fan of the constitution, would agree.

Likewise, there was (and still is) no constitution to lay out what the president/vice president may or may not do.  Until then, both men are free to do as they wish; that is unacceptable.  The president must stop immediately all appointments of cabinet members until a constitution is created to lay out all offices that must be filled.  A Congress must be established by the constitution, and the Congress must first approve all cabinet appointments the president makes.  If this does not happen, it is unfair and unlawful.  (All according to your standards, that is...)

And do keep in mind that at the time of the election and the time leading up to it, the concept of a constitution was only vaguely discussed.  Members of the forum (me and others) simply declared that they were senators, governors, etc.  That fact may not be overlooked.  A constitution must establish elections for senate, house, and governorships.  People will no longer be appointed.  People MAY NOT "call" the top spot for a certain region.  (People cannot just say "I want to be senator for region b in the northeast" and then they're automatically senator for that region.)  There must be elections for all offices and the constitution must establish this.  And, this time, make sure the constitution is established prior to the election, and all in this forum agree on it's terms.  Otherwise, this entire fantasy forum will be (how many times have I said this word so far?) unfair.

If the idea of a constitution was to be done AT ALL, then it should have been done prior to the election.  To do so after is completely unfair.  It's phony.  Either the president (who was elected under false pretenses--no constitution at the time) must stay powerless (ie. no cabinet appointments, no legislative powers... NOTHING) until the creation of a constitution, or there should be no constitution at all.

I know that a W fan must be conservative but if your line of logic would prevail the Us would still be in 1776-1789 period b/c there was the declaration of independence, no constitution, no sc.
I don't say president nym election was not valid, I only say lets make it work better. take us as the third continental congress, imagin nym90 to be John Hanson  
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2004, 01:49:14 AM »

I know that a W fan must be conservative but if your line of logic would prevail the Us would still be in 1776-1789 period b/c there was the declaration of independence, no constitution, no sc.
I don't say president nym election was not valid, I only say lets make it work better. take us as the third continental congress, imagin nym90 to be John Hanson  

President Nyman's appointments are valid for the time up to the Conventon only.
There may be room in the constitution for positions that people can just take to make it sound nicer. However such positions will have to be clearly distinguishable from elected and presidentially appointed positions.

Well all this just makes me feel a lot better.  Feels like my concerns were dealt with.  Really.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2004, 08:12:59 AM »

AFDNC chairman Miamiu1027 is now ready to publicly endorse MIGRENDEL for Attorney General.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #28 on: February 29, 2004, 12:49:12 PM »

OK, I have to speak out:

Blue is a nicer colour than red. There it is. I've said it. Sad
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #29 on: February 29, 2004, 06:12:17 PM »

OK, I have to speak out:

Fox News Alert

In a stunning statement today, Minnesota Gov/Sen/etc (what the heck are you, anyway?) Gustaf hinted at a possibly party change.

In other news.....

Smiley
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2004, 10:59:42 AM »

OK, I have to speak out:

Fox News Alert

In a stunning statement today, Minnesota Gov/Sen/etc (what the heck are you, anyway?) Gustaf hinted at a possibly party change.

In other news.....

Smiley

Lol...I'm a senator, for what it's worth...

And I only said I like the colour better. Wink
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies