Does the decline of religiosity in society bother you? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 08:02:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Does the decline of religiosity in society bother you? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 85

Author Topic: Does the decline of religiosity in society bother you?  (Read 2474 times)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« on: July 05, 2021, 05:18:41 PM »
« edited: July 05, 2021, 07:55:27 PM by Torie »

What bothers me is the decline of community institutions for those who most need them, that they are losing as they segue towards the "hell" of social anomie. I see that up close and personal in my home town. Religious institutions were one of those community institutions. Now their places of worship are largely empty, with a majority of them now repurposed to art venues, or personal residences believe it or not.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2021, 08:05:02 PM »

You need not answer this, but I wonder how much your loathing of religious institutions/leaps of faith, is performance art as opposed to "real," and if "real" just why you would have so much psychological energy invested in the destruction of religious institutions.  It is as if you were abused by, inter alia,  clerics, etc., at some point, but given your most sane and calm adult presentation, I tend to doubt that. So it is either performance art, or something of a riddle.

I say this as a life long atheist, and raised that way. So I had nothing to rebel against, and was always comfortable in my own skin on this issue.

Again, feel free not to answer. My query is personally intrusive, and not something I would normally do, but well, I think you can deal with it appropriately, per your own compass.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies