Congressional Special Elections Results Thread (OLD, PLEASE UNSTICKY) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 06:56:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Congressional Special Elections Results Thread (OLD, PLEASE UNSTICKY) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Congressional Special Elections Results Thread (OLD, PLEASE UNSTICKY)  (Read 202134 times)
Anna Komnene
Siren

« on: April 05, 2017, 11:18:44 AM »

I wouldn't be surprised if a few Republicans hopped on the Ahn train.  He is fairly liberal on several issues too but has small business experience and is apparently a staunch supporter of Israel.  Probably the closest person to Republican positions they could possibly get in this district.
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2017, 08:22:04 PM »

I wonder if the national GOP will sink a bunch of cash into the runoff to try to save Strange or just drop him like its hot.
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2017, 08:30:29 PM »

wow the polls were way off on the democratic side Go Jones hes in the lead in every county except 2

In hindsight, I think the polls failed to take into account that RFK Jr probably had no organization whatsoever. If you wanna win, you gotta make sure your voters know when the election is and get them to the polls.
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2017, 09:44:30 PM »

John Curtis is the quintessential Utah candidate -- well liked, smart, Republican, Business Administration, six kids -- so I expect him to breeze right by. He's what Utah elects all the time and he's paid the dues to do it.

Yeah, he seems a lot like Jon Huntsman in style and presentation. If I had to imagine someone representing Utah, that would probably be it. Conservative but very community service oriented.
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2017, 07:13:01 PM »

It'll be interesting to see I guess! Low turnout. Senate GOP dumped MILLIONS to try to save Strange, so maybe GOTV could help him. But OTOH yuge enthusiasm gap seems to give Moore the big advantage for people that actually go to the polls without being nagged into doing it by campaigns. I'm leaning toward Moore winning.
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2017, 08:09:56 PM »

Senate Leadership Fund as we speak:

Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2017, 09:26:10 PM »

I mean it's not like Strange is a fountain of love and tolerance. He probably agrees with Moore on most of the issues anyway, so I'm not sure that this election says all that much about AL republicans. Tbf, Strange was a swamp creature propped up by a corrupt establishment and I can see why people would want to vote for the other guy even if that other guy probably thinks I am worse than trash. It's not like Strange doesn't secretly agree.
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2017, 09:35:11 PM »

It knows better than to vote for someone who was twice expelled from the Supreme Court. It voted for Strange in round 1 as well: 53% Strange 32% Moore 9% Brooks

It's a Black Belt county that voted 74.0% for Clinton in 2016. May be voting for the more moderate candidate or the candidate they view as more beatable.

Are there many black republicans in the black belt? I'd think most would be democrats. Or are the republicans who live there more moderate because they live with blacks?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies