2017 British Columbia election (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 12:05:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  2017 British Columbia election (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2017 British Columbia election  (Read 67467 times)
Lord Halifax
Papua New Guinea

« on: March 04, 2017, 11:19:52 AM »

"Using private information gleaned from the internet to attack someone with whom you disagree, often by publishing their person info, opening them to abuse and possibly, danger.
While many consider doxing to be unethical, there continues to be a segment of internet users who will do anything to attack someone they don't like, or disagree with on an issue."

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=doxing
Lord Halifax
Papua New Guinea

« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2017, 11:19:05 AM »

I suspect given the trend in absentees the NDP will end up winning Courtenay-Comox by close to 200 votes when all the dust settles and then I predict that my the end of June John Horgan will be sworn in as Premier leading a minority NDP government with Green support and that government will last at least two years if not more

I agree that Courtenay-Comox will go NDP at this point, but will disagree with the latter point. (maybe if the NDP wins the popular vote?)

I don't think the Greens are stupid enough to enter into any formal coalitions and or any agreements with the party that finishes second in seats and the popular vote.

Why would that matter? Majority is a majority.
Lord Halifax
Papua New Guinea

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2017, 01:31:12 PM »

A bare NDP-green majority sounds like a recipe for disaster. At this rate, Libs will be back in power within a year or two.

Not if electoral reform pass in 2018.
Lord Halifax
Papua New Guinea

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2017, 04:55:18 PM »

I seriously doubt there will be another election in 2017. There is likely a lot of bluffing and inside baseball speculation. It is interesting though to speculate what would happen if there was a new election? Would the NDP and Greens campaign as partners seeking a mandate for their accord? Would they each run a full slate of candidates or would they not run against each others incumbents and divvy up who would run against which Liberal incumbents?

That would be the logical move.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies