Dinner Doodle: His Blood - Our Glory (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 09, 2024, 11:58:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Dinner Doodle: His Blood - Our Glory (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Dinner Doodle: His Blood - Our Glory  (Read 2009 times)
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Atlas Superstar

« on: April 05, 2012, 05:27:30 PM »

It is one of my biggest problems with low-church Protestantism that it has such a lack of regard for the idea of aesthetics and physical beauty as important parts of God's designs and as themselves indicative of a message or an attitude to a message.

Actually, I find wood paneling the most attractive wall option.

QFT.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2012, 06:00:15 PM »

It is one of my biggest problems with low-church Protestantism that it has such a lack of regard for the idea of aesthetics and physical beauty as important parts of God's designs and as themselves indicative of a message or an attitude to a message.

To a degree that is because of Calvinist predestinationism, tho I can't say if that applies to jm or not.  Since predestinationism holds that those destined to be saved will be saved, for those who believe in predestinationism, aesthetics are not particularly important.  What will be will be because God has willed it to be that way.

Oh, I know why it is, but it still strikes me as a threadbare excuse for not caring about making one's environment or accoutrements presentable.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies