This 1 Chart Should Shame The U.S. Into Solving Its Hunger Crisis (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 06:52:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Economics (Moderator: Torie)
  This 1 Chart Should Shame The U.S. Into Solving Its Hunger Crisis (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: This 1 Chart Should Shame The U.S. Into Solving Its Hunger Crisis  (Read 1515 times)
Ransom
« on: June 30, 2013, 02:30:17 PM »

I think Shua is correct. I do not buy at all that there are more Americans than Chinese actually struggling to put food on the table.
Be that as it may, the wealthiest country in the world should not be content with 15% of its citizens needing food assistance.
Ransom
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2013, 03:46:18 PM »

I think Shua is correct. I do not buy at all that there are more Americans than Chinese actually struggling to put food on the table.
Be that as it may, the wealthiest country in the world should not be content with 15% of its citizens needing food assistance.

America is not the wealthiest country in the world.
I was talking about Nominal GDP, if that wasn't obvious enough.
Ransom
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2013, 07:16:41 PM »

America is not the wealthiest country in the world.
I was talking about Nominal GDP, if that wasn't obvious enough.

So? Nominal GDP is not helpful here. Luxembourg has a smaller GDP than Bangladesh but it certainly has less of a food problem.

Want to sort by GDP (PPP) per capita? Fine. A handful of micro-nations and then the US.

The point that a country with 21% of the world's Gross Domestic Product but only 4% of the global population, the most powerful country by any measure, should not be content to have 15% of its population on food stamps still stands.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies