Rybak will not run for the Senate!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 06:06:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Rybak will not run for the Senate!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Rybak will not run for the Senate!  (Read 2183 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2007, 11:19:38 PM »

Rybak has some issues now he really needs to focus on, so the comment makes sense. He's ran into a messy situation where he appointed a lesbian to head the fire department, but she turned out to be a lousy chief, so he got her sacked. But then he came under fire for appointing her in the first place with many people claiming he did so only because she was a lesbian. There was also some deal with the school board, I don't know the whole deal, basically some black guy on it is being a race-baiting ass and people are trying to get him to resign, and Rybak's kind of stuck in the middle of this mess.

Still none of this is a huge deal.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2007, 01:50:59 AM »

Rybak has some issues now he really needs to focus on, so the comment makes sense. He's ran into a messy situation where he appointed a lesbian to head the fire department, but she turned out to be a lousy chief, so he got her sacked.

Wait, isn't that one of those jokes? I always hear about lesbian firefighters...

(End of Naso-esque serious statement)

Adlai Stevenson
United Kingdom

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2007, 12:42:37 PM »

Here's the actual passage from the article:

spokesman Jeremy Hanson said the mayor has “not taken a single step toward developing a Senate campaign.”

“There are a lot of other people talking about him as a candidate, but he’s really focused on finishing the job that he came to City Hall to do,” Hanson said.

That's a classic non-denial denial if I've ever heard one.

I would go along with that.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies