Pope: Other Christians not true churches (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 05:09:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Pope: Other Christians not true churches (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Pope: Other Christians not true churches  (Read 8686 times)
The Man From G.O.P.
TJN2024
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: July 12, 2007, 09:15:16 AM »

I would like to see reconciliation between the Protestant Churches and the Catholic Church, but I think peaceful dialog would be a better way of accomplishing that goal than this.

Probably....

This is a very poor decision by the Pope to continue this sort of nonsense (if it has always been the stance of the church, they should keep it quiet) 

He is a man, he has no blood of St. Peter, he is a sinner, who is he to say what Christians are saved and which are not?

I'm sorry to attack this again, but hundreds of years later the reasons for the reformation are reaffirmed.

Of course, we protestants have gone on to generate our own garbage too.
The Man From G.O.P.
TJN2024
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2007, 11:57:34 AM »

Nothing untrue about what the pope said, good for him.  I am really beginning to like this pope

Let me establish what you mean here, are you saying Protestants do not follow a way to salvation whereas Catholics do?
The Man From G.O.P.
TJN2024
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2007, 01:35:15 PM »

Nothing untrue about what the pope said, good for him.  I am really beginning to like this pope

Let me establish what you mean here, are you saying Protestants do not follow a way to salvation whereas Catholics do?
The Man From G.O.P.
TJN2024
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2007, 03:59:59 PM »

Obviously the RCC believes it is the only true church.  They have believed this for a long time so this should not come as a surprise for it is not news.  Nor should other Christians be offended by such claims.

Not offended as much as I'd like them to ease off the insanity
The Man From G.O.P.
TJN2024
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2007, 05:41:11 PM »

Obviously the RCC believes it is the only true church.  They have believed this for a long time so this should not come as a surprise for it is not news.  Nor should other Christians be offended by such claims.

Oh now come on, how is that belief "insane"?

The Catholic way is the only way to salvation?
The Man From G.O.P.
TJN2024
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2007, 12:19:58 AM »

The Man From G.O.P.
TJN2024
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2007, 12:34:39 AM »

The Man From G.O.P.
TJN2024
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2007, 12:44:13 AM »

The Man From G.O.P.
TJN2024
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2007, 01:18:07 AM »

The Man From G.O.P.
TJN2024
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2007, 11:57:17 AM »
« Edited: July 13, 2007, 12:19:14 PM by King Norris I of Atlasia »

Ok, what the hell, answer my question States... or DWTL, are you saying the catholic way is the only way to salvation?

The Man From G.O.P.
TJN2024
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2007, 02:08:46 PM »

Ok, what the hell, answer my question States... or DWTL, are you saying the catholic way is the only way to salvation?

Ok, firstly, you don't have to keep posting the same quote over and over again. It both grates me and is annoying as hell. I DO go to bed at night, so I'm not at my monitor ever second of the day to provide you with the answer you so desperately need.

When you mean Catholic, do you mean as Universal Catholic or Catholic Church? I, personally, believe most Christian faiths have it down pretty close. I do believe that the Catholic way is ONE way to salvation. I do, however, believe that the Christian way is the ONLY way to salvation.

Thank you
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies