Euro 2012 - Official Discussion Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 01:38:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Euro 2012 - Official Discussion Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38
Author Topic: Euro 2012 - Official Discussion Thread  (Read 75294 times)
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #825 on: June 29, 2012, 01:57:15 PM »

I support Italy as well.
Edu
Ufokart
Junior Chimp
Argentina

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #826 on: June 29, 2012, 02:15:18 PM »

Ancestral home Italy, of course Smiley

Si nos queremos hacer los diferentes los rioplatenses que siempre sacamos a relucir nuestra herencia italiana por más berreta que sea, dejando de lado la española XD.

Por suerte tuve solo un bisabuelo español Grin Tongue
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #827 on: June 29, 2012, 02:33:42 PM »

Velasco
andi
Junior Chimp
Western Sahara

« Reply #828 on: June 29, 2012, 02:39:49 PM »

The world is rooting for Italy now. I thought that was obvious...

That's because there's only one Spaniard in the forum and I don't think he likes football (communist geek).

There are two Spaniards: Julio and me. Also I have relatives in Argentina and a lot of friends from Rio de la Plata. I don't like the nationalist thing. Neither of us is commie and both support Spain.  I don't think that the whole world is rooting for Italy but, well, in this forum there is an overwhelming support. Nothing against, of course.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #829 on: June 29, 2012, 03:56:21 PM »

A close, highclass game, no major refereeing errors, and no penalty shootout.

On that note, I'm glad and happy they sent Stark home after his performance vs Croatia.
Regarding referees, it seems strange that they appointed a Portuguese referee only four days they were eliminated by Spain.

That really is strange/hilarious. Smiley
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #830 on: June 29, 2012, 04:01:21 PM »

I guess I support Spain, but I don't really care.
Peeperkorn
Uruguay

Political Matrix
E: 0.65, S: -6.78

« Reply #831 on: June 29, 2012, 04:04:21 PM »

Ancestral home Italy, of course Smiley

Si nos queremos hacer los diferentes los rioplatenses que siempre sacamos a relucir nuestra herencia italiana por más berreta que sea, dejando de lado la española XD.

Por suerte tuve solo un bisabuelo español Grin Tongue

Dale, y seguro tenés dos abuelos alemanes, fantasma Tongue
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -9.04

« Reply #832 on: June 29, 2012, 08:02:46 PM »

A mí me encanta el fútbol, pero no me gusta NAAADA hablar de fútbol.... si no es con un madridista pro-Llorente, como yo. Así que me limito a leer.

Por cierto, respecto a lo de Geek, veo que siguen los rencores por mi "semi"-apoyo a la Ley Sinde... Increíble, pero cierto. Ah, y los comunistas me llaman capitalista de mierda... Veo que estoy centrado.

____

Sarkozy Spain will win, Phil Tongue
Velasco
andi
Junior Chimp
Western Sahara

« Reply #833 on: June 30, 2012, 12:55:47 AM »

I understand you, Julio, I am a moderate hero among my leftist friends (some of them from Rio de la Plata, precisely). Madridista pro-Llorente? Which Llorente, the Bilbao forward? I prefer Barça and I can't stand Mourinho, sorry.
SPQR
italian-boy
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #834 on: June 30, 2012, 01:56:44 AM »

I was 12 and it's the first international tournament I remember. I was in Italy during that classic Semi final. The celebrations in Sorrento were insane. Then we traveled to Florence and Italy lost the Final. Six years later, I was in Sorrento when Italy won the World Cup. In 2010, I watched the games from Naples but never went to Sorrento for a match. Notice a pattern? Tongue

I'm crazy enough to hop on a plane to watch the Final over there but I don't think it's going to work. The flight times aren't great and the prices are through the roof. Sad

You must. Do this for your country ! Grin

As for me, I was only 7, so you can imagine my remembrances of the match aren't very precise, but yeah, it was such an incredible shock that the emotion remains. But I remember all the following championships with growing precision. I didn't really care about 2002 after both France and Italy failed miserably. For some reason I was rooting for Greece in the final stages of 2004, though at the time I hadn't fully realized how much their win was an exploit.

2006 is the first I recall with precision. I was in Germany for a school trip during the early stages, I was in Savoie for the eights/quarters/semis and... on a plane for the finale ! Grin I was traveling to Melito Porto Salvo (my father's home town in Calabria). I watched the beginning of the match in the airport, but was in the plane during the whole end, and I only learnt the results at the end of the flight when a passenger was able to switch his phone off. We were all euphoric.
I don't care how much it would cost,but if Italy were playing a WC final then I would never,ever get on a plane Tongue
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #835 on: June 30, 2012, 03:29:13 AM »

I was 12 and it's the first international tournament I remember. I was in Italy during that classic Semi final. The celebrations in Sorrento were insane. Then we traveled to Florence and Italy lost the Final. Six years later, I was in Sorrento when Italy won the World Cup. In 2010, I watched the games from Naples but never went to Sorrento for a match. Notice a pattern? Tongue

I'm crazy enough to hop on a plane to watch the Final over there but I don't think it's going to work. The flight times aren't great and the prices are through the roof. Sad

You must. Do this for your country ! Grin

As for me, I was only 7, so you can imagine my remembrances of the match aren't very precise, but yeah, it was such an incredible shock that the emotion remains. But I remember all the following championships with growing precision. I didn't really care about 2002 after both France and Italy failed miserably. For some reason I was rooting for Greece in the final stages of 2004, though at the time I hadn't fully realized how much their win was an exploit.

2006 is the first I recall with precision. I was in Germany for a school trip during the early stages, I was in Savoie for the eights/quarters/semis and... on a plane for the finale ! Grin I was traveling to Melito Porto Salvo (my father's home town in Calabria). I watched the beginning of the match in the airport, but was in the plane during the whole end, and I only learnt the results at the end of the flight when a passenger was able to switch his phone off. We were all euphoric.
I don't care how much it would cost,but if Italy were playing a WC final then I would never,ever get on a plane Tongue

I doubt I would have, had I been the one taking decisions at that time. Tongue But I guess it's a kind of curse for me : a couple time before, I was already on a plane (directed to Reggio Calabria as well) during the 2006 elections. Just before getting on the plane, we heard Berlusconi was leading. When we arrived home, it was Prodi (though the final results were only known the morning after). And I was on a train during the first round of 2007's French presidential as well. Grin
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #836 on: June 30, 2012, 05:02:37 AM »

I actually support Italy too, but for prediction/competition purposes I also support Spain ... Tongue
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -9.04

« Reply #837 on: June 30, 2012, 05:33:51 AM »

I understand you, Julio, I am a moderate hero among my leftist friends (some of them from Rio de la Plata, precisely). Madridista pro-Llorente? Which Llorente, the Bilbao forward? I prefer Barça and I can't stand Mourinho, sorry.

Yes, the Ath. Bilbao player. Oh, and it's impossible to stand Mourinho if you're not a Real Madrid supporter. Even if you are, it's really difficult sometimes.
Boris
boris78
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #838 on: June 30, 2012, 11:12:26 AM »

classy!
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #839 on: June 30, 2012, 11:25:11 AM »

More Mario:

Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #840 on: July 01, 2012, 03:15:57 AM »

Just placed a 100€ online bet on Italy for a winning quota of 3.5 !

So, don't disappoint me today, Italia !

Smiley
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #841 on: July 01, 2012, 04:30:40 AM »

Just placed a 100€ online bet on Italy for a winning quota of 3.5 !

So, don't disappoint me today, Italia !

Smiley

Good odds...but I like my money too much to bet it on football.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #842 on: July 01, 2012, 05:17:45 AM »

3.5 does sound good odds... but a hundred euros is a bit too much money to waste.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #843 on: July 01, 2012, 05:32:06 AM »

3.5 does sound good odds... but a hundred euros is a bit too much money to waste.

Actually, I thought about investing 200€ in it, for a 500€ yield in the event of a win.

But 100€ is fine too.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #844 on: July 01, 2012, 05:39:03 AM »

Actually, I thought about investing 200€ in it, for a 500€ yield in the event of a win.

But 100€ is fine too.

Hast zu viel Geld? Smiley
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #845 on: July 01, 2012, 05:44:06 AM »

But 100€ is fine too.

Hast zu viel Geld? Smiley

Geht so ... Wink

Solange ich nur ein paar Mal wette, und keine 10.000€ (Grin) setze, seh ich da kein Problem.

PS: Hast du nicht auch neulich mal bei den US-Vorwahlen auf Intrade einen Haufen Kohle gewonnen ?
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #846 on: July 01, 2012, 06:21:07 AM »

Das kann man sagen. Das war aber geschenktes Geld... So blöd wie die anderen "Anleger" an jenem Abend waren.
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #847 on: July 01, 2012, 12:49:59 PM »

Right, I'm now off to see the match with some Italian friends (should be fun if they win) so you'll have to miss my insight:P Before that though, Forza Azzurri!
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #848 on: July 01, 2012, 12:55:00 PM »

But 100€ is fine too.

Isn't that 2.5 to 1 then?  Still good odds, imo.  I hope you win.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #849 on: July 01, 2012, 01:31:17 PM »

Reporting live from Luna Ristorante in Little Italy, NYC... Smiley

Let's do this, boys!
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies