COVID and the death of liberalism (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 01:33:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  COVID and the death of liberalism (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: COVID and the death of liberalism  (Read 1069 times)
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« on: May 23, 2022, 06:22:04 PM »

TL;DR: "everything I don't like is the failure of liberalism"

Weird article. Since the first and harshest lockdowns have been in China, is the author claiming that the Communist Party of China is liberal?

'liberalism' is a term that has been dragged through mud by conservatives for decades, hence why it is much more electable to identify as a 'progressive' than as a liberal. So, by conservative logic, China is liberal.

Weird article. Since the first and harshest lockdowns have been in China, is the author claiming that the Communist Party of China is liberal?
Well, based on what we define as liberalism and the general direction of the Chinese government, it may paint a complex and nuanced picture

And this is the opposite stupid point. Horseshoe theory confirmed.
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2022, 06:44:38 PM »

'liberalism' is a term that has been dragged through mud by conservatives for decades, hence why it is much more electable to identify as a 'progressive' than as a liberal. So, by conservative logic, China is liberal.

Well, based on what we define as liberalism and the general direction of the Chinese government, it may paint a complex and nuanced picture

And this is the opposite stupid point. Horseshoe theory confirmed.
Nothing Xi is doing, from selling off of SOEs to presenting this cosmopolitan kitsch monoculture of Han people as the norm, is anything different from what liberals in Western Europe or the Anglophone do. You have no argument on how the CCP isn’t already towards liberalism enough to qualify for the moniker.

Xi is an authoritarian mass murderer.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies