This is AFNN BREAKING NEWS
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 05:42:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  This is AFNN BREAKING NEWS
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: This is AFNN BREAKING NEWS  (Read 3247 times)
Harry Hayfield
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 0.35

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 14, 2007, 07:54:04 PM »

Anchor: Following the announcement that Lewis Trondheim is to resign from the Senate, this network can reveal that Harry Hayfield has decided to enter into the race to replace him. Our political correspondent Adam Robinson, interviewed Mr. Hayfield just a short while ago

Robinson: Mr. Hayfield, you've just announced that you intend to run for the vacant seat held by Lewis Trondheim in the Midwest District of the Atlasia Senate. What made you decide to throw your hat into the ring?

Hayfield: By any measure or standard, we are less safe today as a nation than we were six years ago and this country needs bold leadership, guided by the right values and the right experiences. That is the primary reason why I have decided to stand.

Robinson: Those who have been watching will note that you failed in an election a few years ago in the North East and now you'd suddenly sprung up in the Mid West. Do you think this is because you might do better here?

Hayfield: Not at all, when I became a member of this country I was determined to find a home in any of the states. I spent a few years living in Pennsylvania, and how have simply moved to Wyoming to reconnect with my argicultural roots.

Robinson: Do you believe that you can follow Mr. Trondheim's efforts in the Senate?

Hayfield: Mr. Trondheim has the served the electors of the MidWest with duty. I hope that if I am elected to replace him and am able to serve with at least the same level of service as him I will be very happy.

Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2007, 07:59:44 PM »

I think his replacement will be appointed, not elected. That's my guess.
However, I hope you run in the December Senate races
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2007, 10:28:01 PM »

Goodness, do I?!  I've never had to replace a Senator before!
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2007, 11:07:22 PM »

With as long as you have been in, that is indeed a surprise! Tongue Cheesy Wink
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2007, 11:11:05 PM »

Yup. Regional seat = appointment. And I think SoS just might want to be appointed.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2007, 11:17:26 PM »

Yup. Regional seat = appointment. And I think SoS just might want to be appointed.
No more than Harry Im sure, as we are both declared candidates, and I do ask ILV not to take favorites (not that he would)
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2007, 11:30:33 PM »

No more than Harry Im sure, as we are both declared candidates, and I do ask ILV not to take favorites (not that he would)

True.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2007, 09:31:50 AM »

This nation was not in existence 6 years ago.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2007, 12:52:38 PM »

Only if that horrible referendum passes.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2007, 10:56:22 PM »

Would Harry and SoS like to send me their resumes, please? Smiley (oh, and anyone else who'd like to be considered)
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2007, 11:05:50 PM »

I don't think anyone is disputing the fact that Atlasia came into being in February 2004. There are no records of Atlasia prior to then, except maybe a few planning discussions in January of that year. Therefore the Republic of Atlasia has not been in existance for 6 years but only for roughly 3 and a half.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2007, 11:16:55 PM »

I don't think anyone is disputing the fact that Atlasia came into being in February 2004. There are no records of Atlasia prior to then, except maybe a few planning discussions in January of that year. Therefore the Republic of Atlasia has not been in existance for 6 years but only for roughly 3 and a half.

I would dispute that Atlasia has existed since it attained independence in 1776. (My general view on Atlasia is to splice US history onto the beginning of Atlasia, then wave magic wands for the transfer of political authority, which is a good enough strategy for a simulation and explains why we have subsumed pre-2004 US law.)
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2007, 03:02:59 PM »

Would Harry and SoS like to send me their resumes, please? Smiley (oh, and anyone else who'd like to be considered)

I'd like to come out publicly in support of Speed of Sound's application.

Speedy has a solid record of Atlasian activity behind him in Atlasia and has served with distinction in many important offices. Even from outside the Senate, he has showed a clear eagerness to observe and comment on activities therein and encourage political campaigns whether through party politics or his media roles. I think Speedy would be a credit to the region in the Senate and on that basis heartily endorse his application.

That said, I welcome Harry to the Midwestern region. I feel that in general newbies shouldn't be propelled straight into the Senate, but I welcome Harry's enthusiasm and encourage him to get involved in regional politics first to display his political views and potential. Indeed, he may be an appropriate candidate for the Lt. GOvernorship should Speedy be chosen for the Senate seat.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2007, 05:42:01 PM »

Oh, drat, I thought the appointment would only be for one month before the election.  But instead it's three.

Oh, well.

Okay, I'm appointing Speed of Sound to the Senate.  I agree with the commentary of Jas; Speedy has served well in whatever job he's held.  However, this doesn't at all mean that I would be unhappy to see Harry in the Senate.  It makes me happy to see a newcomer interested in making a difference right away Smiley In fact, I urge him to run for Senate in the district elections that are coming up in December.  And once Speedy resigns at Lt. Governor to become Senator, I'm appointing Harry Lt. Governor of the Midwest Grin

Good luck to both these men in their future endeavors.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2007, 05:43:27 PM »

Okay, I'm appointing Speed of Sound to the Senate.  I agree with the commentary of Jas; Speedy has served well in whatever job he's held.  However, this doesn't at all mean that I would be unhappy to see Harry in the Senate.  It makes me happy to see a newcomer interested in making a difference right away Smiley In fact, I urge him to run for Senate in the district elections that are coming up in December.  And once Speedy resigns at Lt. Governor to become Senator, I'm appointing Harry Lt. Governor of the Midwest Grin

Grin
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -5.57

« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2007, 05:52:39 PM »

Oh, drat, I thought the appointment would only be for one month before the election.  But instead it's three.

Oh, well.

well played, governor.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2007, 06:31:29 PM »

I appreciate this Governor, it means alot to me. Smiley I promise to serve with honor and dignity, and never let politics get in the way of voting the way that is best for our region and our nation. Smiley
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2007, 08:58:06 PM »

Thank God Speedy is back in the senate!
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2007, 09:17:32 PM »

Your pandering is duly noted, I am sure.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2007, 09:18:35 PM »

I think I have endorsed Speedy in every election he has run in ever
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2007, 10:44:46 PM »

Suprisingly enough, I do believe you are correct, DWTL, and I appreciate every bit of support of the times. Smiley
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -8.35

« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2007, 01:15:55 AM »

Congratulations on the appointment Speedy. You'll make a fabulous Senator for the Midwest region. You'll also make a fine addition to the Senate as well. I wish you the best of luck.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2007, 08:54:30 AM »

Suprisingly enough, I do believe you are correct, DWTL, and I appreciate every bit of support of the times. Smiley
No problem, as I have stated before my endorsements have little to do with politics but how I think can do the best job and add the most to the game.  I rather having a bleeding heart communist (not that Speedy is one) with some passion that a dull conservative.
Harry Hayfield
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 0.35

P P
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2007, 06:32:18 PM »

Having just returned from a fact finding mission to the West of England to discuss tourism options between the Mid Western region and the West of England, I was very pleased (and I have to admit a little suprised) to find an invitation to join the government of the Mid West as a Lt. Governor and would like to thank the Governor for allowing me to join his team.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2007, 07:07:42 PM »

Having just returned from a fact finding mission to the West of England to discuss tourism options between the Mid Western region and the West of England, I was very pleased (and I have to admit a little suprised) to find an invitation to join the government of the Mid West as a Lt. Governor and would like to thank the Governor for allowing me to join his team.
Congratulations, my friend. I have great faith in you to be my successor. Best of luck to you.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies