The National Weekly Atlasian (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 03:26:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The National Weekly Atlasian (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: The National Weekly Atlasian  (Read 172773 times)
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: December 07, 2008, 07:28:52 PM »

I found SPC's error rather unfortunate. Morokai sounds too much like Molokai.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2008, 09:59:17 PM »

Well seeing as I was never projected to win any of my previous elections I guess I am in a good position right now. Go underdog!
Wink

Never thought the day would come that the JCPer wasn't projected to win an election in the Pacific, eh? I should crunch the numbers & project the outcome myself.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2008, 07:46:05 PM »

...and you kicked him out for an inactive one.
There really has not been a lot going on lately.  Perhaps threatening secession again is in order...

That's an idea. Not secession necessarily, but doing something to make Dirty South politics a little more eventful again.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2008, 08:06:59 PM »

...and you kicked him out for an inactive one.
There really has not been a lot going on lately.  Perhaps threatening secession again is in order...

That's an idea. Not secession necessarily, but doing something to make Dirty South politics a little more eventful again.
Got something particular in mind?

Something that wouldn't end really badly? Not at the moment. Maybe preparing a new list of initiatives would be in order.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2008, 02:45:25 PM »

This is a great regional election though. Three of the four initiatives on the ballot are currently being decided by a one vote margin. Grin
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2008, 03:20:25 PM »

Whether or not the implication was clear to most people, I think it would be wise to avoid making implications in journalism. People count on it to present facts, & you don't want to risk them misunderstanding what you write.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2008, 04:25:16 PM »

Weak Parties?
By PiT

Following the recent fates of the Populist & KotBP, the SDP has taken a 24-20 registration advantage over the RPP, with the JCP trailing at 16. However, examination of the actual membership of both parties would suggest that not all of those members are what could be considered reliable voters.

On the RPP's side, Dabeav is a chronically inactive member, not having been on since early October. Gporter is in the RPP mainly to serve his own interests. RowanBrandon has not logged on since November 13, except to vote in two elections. As a side note, PBrunsel is not very active currently, due to having a life, but he does vote regularly enough to be considered someone that the RPP can rely on.

For the SDP, ExplodingClowns only has 4 posts to his credit & has not posted since he first registered. Cookies and Milk has not voted or been notably active ever since his failed campaign against then embattled Dirty South Governor AHDuke99. Xahar seems likely to have been banned, though no confirmation has come yet. Ogis24 has appeared to permanently leave the forum, though he was in the SDP for dubious reasons nevertheless. Dr. Cynic has not logged on since early December. Blueswan has not been on either since mid-November.

The JCP has cast off much of its notoriously inactive membership, though Everett & Friz are both noteworthy as being JCPers that have not voted in some time.

Only considering active, reliable partisans, the RPP has a marching strength of 17 (16.5 may be more accurate) while the SDP has 18 active members & the JCP 14 members.

Based on these figures, the JCP stands poised to hold on to its one at-large Senate seat for some time to come. However, whenever the RPP or SDP runs into electoral difficulties, it should come as no mystery why, given that their numbers are not as strong as the DoEA registry suggests.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2009, 09:15:00 PM »

I'll probably be starting up the ''kingofthebenchpress for President" write-in campaign soon.

Technically speaking, he has declared his candidacy prior to being banned. If someone, perhaps yourself, would be willing to stand in as his running mate, we could have a case to get him on the ballot.

Is there any requirement that a candidate for President be a registered voter? If not, you probably could get him on the ballot, actually.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2009, 03:27:45 AM »

However, as the Voter Roll on page 1 of the Department of Forum Affairs could tell you, King of the Bench Press is most definitely a registered voter, despite having been banned.

Huh But he was removed due to not voting in four consecutive elections. I just checked it now to make sure I wasn't hallucinating.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2009, 03:34:37 PM »

Maybe ilikeverin will hold the Senate seat for two years like he did with the ilikeverinship. Wink
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2009, 08:15:36 PM »

The NLC is still the biggest party in the Northeast? Wonder how long that'll last.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2009, 08:25:58 PM »

The NLC is still the biggest party in the Northeast? Wonder how long that'll last.

At least among those who voted in the December election. Also, interesting to note is that the Southeast is the only region where any party has a majority of voters.

Yep. I'm waiting for the SDP to attempt to break the RPP's strength in the Southeast like they tried to do to the JCP in the Pacific. Maybe they chickened out.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2009, 10:32:11 PM »

Glad to see the Mideast on the side of the RPP Smiley

Not at all.  Plus I don't see how any party has a score over the single digits in the region. We from my view are an extremely non partisan region.

There were 13 voters from the Mideast in the last election, and out of them 5 were RPPers. Nationally, there were 17 out of 54 RPPers, and if one does the math that leads to the 15.2% figure, which is kind of misleading.

Furthermore, the Mideastern RPP comprises 1 conservative, 1 libertarian, 1 liberal, 1 left-populist, & 2 right-populists. It has a numerical advantage over the other parties there, but with such disparate views it can't really agree on anything outside of the RPP's most basic plank of advocating regional power.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2009, 09:15:23 PM »

I don't think party affiliation matter a whole much, either.

Party affiliation does not matter in Atlasia, its rather the candidate rather than the party, at least that's what I have gathered from my experience in Atlasia. However, there is, of course an exception: the Pacific and the JCP.
I'd say most are willing to concede that the RPP has a stranglehold on the Dirty South.  The Mideast is far and away the most competitive region with the Northeast and Midwest distance seconds

The way the Midwest functions does not lend itself to competitive races.

As for the Northeast, it might be more competitive if it had more people who were interested in running for office, but eh.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2009, 10:14:02 PM »

You sure that isn't an early prediction to make? Many of the folks who one would expect to vote for Inks have already voted.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2009, 04:00:18 PM »

Presidential elections are drawing near again. I'll have to see if Bgwah wants another term before I decide on who to support.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2009, 09:32:15 PM »

I am considering contesting the Northeast Senate seat in February.

Good to hear. Smiley
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2009, 02:19:09 AM »

I'm rumoured to be running for President?

That's odd. I guess he figures that the SDP will probably get someone in the race & as a cabinet member, you're as well positioned as anyone.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2009, 11:13:09 PM »

What's funny is that even though Bgwah ran for an open seat with a more serious opponent, he won much more decisively than Colin did.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2009, 11:28:00 PM »

What's funny is that even though Bgwah ran for an open seat with a more serious opponent, he won much more decisively than Colin did.

Well, that was mostly because of disgruntled progressives writing-in the runner-up for their nomination. The problem then was that the progressives sought to make a formidabble challenge to Colin by uniting under a single candidate, which they had a primary for. The situation backfired when Colin won their nomination, with Polnut in second and Sensei in third. It seems that the reason for Bgwah's landslide was due to Mr. Moderate dropping out, the dawn of conservatism during Mr. Moderate's term, and Afleitch's failure to present a running-mate.

It was also a symptom of the NLC's decline. As late as June 2008 they would have easily won any such contest. However, the NLC had been descending into inactivity ever since they were beaten decisively in the August elections. Furthermore, the JCP had picked up some new blood & the RPP threw its full weight behind Bgwah.

Really, October 2008 was when it became clear that the NLC old guard had lost its grip over the national scene.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2009, 05:12:46 AM »
« Edited: January 27, 2009, 05:14:36 AM by Senator PiT »

Nonsense.
In case you didn't notice, there was only one valid option on the ballot last time.
It was the most predictable Presidential election in Atlasian history.

As far as I could tell, most people didn't realize that afleitch/write-in wasn't a valid ticket until Lewis mentioned it.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2009, 11:22:51 PM »
« Edited: January 31, 2009, 11:24:52 PM by Senator PiT »

I want to confirm to this august publication that I won't be running and that listing me as a potential candidate will result in a libel action.

When did I list you as a potential candidate?

He says than if you list him as a candidate, he will sue you for libel.

While I am fairly certain that he is joking, I wonder what are the Atlasian laws concerning libel? Obviously if they are based on American laws, there would be no case to make against SPC, though that would be different if they were based on English laws.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2009, 11:36:55 PM »

I want to confirm to this august publication that I won't be running and that listing me as a potential candidate will result in a libel action.

When did I list you as a potential candidate?

He says than if you list him as a candidate, he will sue you for libel.

While I am fairly certain that he is joking, I wonder what are the Atlasian laws concerning libel? Obviously if they are based on American laws, there would be no case to make against SPC, though that would be different if they were based on English laws.

All our laws are Americans laws, unless we amended them.

I know, though I was too lazy to see if we amended that. Tongue
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2009, 11:50:07 PM »

I'd like to say that Duke currently has my utmost support.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2009, 10:27:11 PM »

If it was anyone but Afleitch, I'd have no problem. However, because he chose him, I will have to rethink my options.

You've never explained why. I would be intrigued to know Smiley

Check out two days ago when you sympathized with Ogis when we told him to get out of our party. I'm sorry, but we have never treated anyone unfairly. You and other's hatred of our party is purely based on our so called ideological differences.

If I need to quote the post for you, I certainly will.

one flaw with the party thing is. You can't kick someone out of your party. If they sign up for the party and want to stay in it, there is nothing you can do. Othewise your post would be completly right.

There is precedent for the SoFA allowing parties to boot members. I could look for the post where I saw it if anybody's interested.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies