Ohio cabinet all-white for the first time since 1962! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 25, 2024, 04:52:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Ohio cabinet all-white for the first time since 1962! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Ohio cabinet all-white for the first time since 1962!  (Read 4344 times)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« on: January 18, 2011, 03:36:51 PM »

Perhaps the threshold question is whether there were any reasonable choices out there for positions in Kasich's cabinet who happen to be black whom Kasich passed over. If not, then I suggest that this is one of those there is nothing really there stories - sort of like the vicious right wing with its angry rhetoric pushed the psychotic nutter over the edge Tuscon.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2011, 10:32:45 PM »

Perhaps the threshold question is whether there were any reasonable choices out there for positions in Kasich's cabinet who happen to be black whom Kasich passed over.
There are literally hundreds, probably thousands, of "reasonable" choices for such positions, so Kasich fails your test but only because you're setting the bar ridiculously high.

Do you have any specific names in mind Lewis?  I mean a cabinet position is a rather high office requiring a considerable skill level presumably, and should be held by someone loyal to the administration. I am not trying to pick an argument here, but if I were governor, I would take those appointments very seriously, and would not choose just to pick a couple of window dressing blacks for show. I don't operate that way, and I don't think Kasich should either. JMO.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies