Voting Regulations Amendment (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 03:40:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Voting Regulations Amendment (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Voting Regulations Amendment  (Read 2144 times)
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« on: December 19, 2004, 01:37:06 PM »

This amendment is to open to interpretation. Make the requirements airtight. No editing of a vote or post. if the post says <edited, etc> at the bottom it is void. Also, let votes be deleted up until the booth closes, and allow voters to recast their vote until the booth closes. Lock the voting booth the second it closes and tally the votes then.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2004, 07:15:36 PM »

How about whatever the vote is on Monday morning at 12:01, it stays that way, and people can do whatever they wish until then? I could say I saw something that I really didn't, this lets partisans make up stories about vote-changing.

I personally like this idea.  I don't really see the problem in people deleting their vote and re-voting or editing their vote before voting has finished.  It's all the same to the SoFA when voting is closed, given that the SoFA doesn't count or even look at the votes until that time.  Sure, it doesn't reflect reality, but this is fantasy politics.  I think that the rules of "no editing votes" and such really serve no purpose other than to create tiresome legal challenges.  If there are some dire consequences that would come about as a result of allowing this, feel free to alert me to them, but at the moment I can't see anything.

The problem with this is in the last election PBhad a big lead going into Sunday. The only one who could've beaten him was Hugh, but he only had 2 votes.  All the leftists would've changed their votes throwing the election to Hugh because he is at least somewhat better than PB.  In the D5 senate race, StevenNick voters could've changed to King just because he is better than Gabu. This isn't how it should be. Vote once and see what happens and if you want to vote strategicly, wait to vote until the very end.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies