7th Pacific Council Legislation Introduction and Discussion Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 27, 2024, 06:50:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  7th Pacific Council Legislation Introduction and Discussion Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 7th Pacific Council Legislation Introduction and Discussion Thread  (Read 4710 times)
Citizen Hats
lol-i-wear-hats
Canada

« on: November 21, 2013, 02:12:21 PM »

Would there be general support for tethering CEO and exec pay to the average pay of non-executive employees? The aim is to limit income disparity, which has really reached undemocratic levels in some quarters. I'd like to see something like that at the federal level, but I think we could do something with that here. I can work it up - it will be fairly short and sweet.

I Also have an idea for criminal / suspects' rights, but I'll research the database before proceeding with that one.

I would be opposed to such a measure.  Considering that the Region and the Republic provide separate minimum income guarantees and tax high incomes at very high combined rates, if my research is correct, I doubt this is a problem in the Pacific
Citizen Hats
lol-i-wear-hats
Canada

« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2013, 04:29:00 PM »

Would anyone be interested in transforming Pacific's Guaranteed Minimum Income into a Negative Income tax, so that no one ever finds themselves out of pocket by working?
Citizen Hats
lol-i-wear-hats
Canada

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2013, 05:14:46 PM »

this is true, but as long as the Pacific Region is also subsidizing everyone income up to $12,999, we might as well do it right
Citizen Hats
lol-i-wear-hats
Canada

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2013, 11:43:22 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Citizen Hats
lol-i-wear-hats
Canada

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2013, 03:09:37 PM »

Spamage Corporate Carbon Emission Tax Act Amendment

Section 1. Shall be substituted with the following:

1. A Excise of $100 per tonne of net carbon emission equivalents shall be levied on the following items 
   A) Commercial fuels
   B) Oil and Gas extraction
   C) Commercial Lumber and Wood Forestry Products
   D) Cement & Products
   E) Commercial Agriculture
   F) Electricity
   G) Household and commercial waste disposal
   H) Medical gases which are released into the atmosphere   
   I) Other products determined though section 3.

Section 2 shall be amended to read:
2. Such taxes shall be levied in proportion to the release of Carbon Dioxide, Carbon Monoxide, Methane, Nitrous Oxide, Tetraflouromethane, Hexaflouroethane, sulfur hexaflouride, Trifluoromethane, 1,1,1,2-tetrafluoroethane   , 1,1-Difluoroethane, SF6, HCFC-22 and any other such substances which may be determined to be significant green-house-gases.

Section 3. shall be substituted for the following:

3. A commission shall be appointed by the governor from nominations from the body of climate scientists tenured at Pacific public universities. This commission shall have the power to:

A) Specify tax rates on specific items by the stated formula
   B) Identify green house gas emitting products to be taxed. Taxes on products not listed in this act shall go into effect after having been presented to the Pacific Council for review and shall go into effect if no action is taken within twenty days in session
   C) Recommend germane amendments to this act

Section 4. shall be amended by inserting the word 'Some" at the beginning of the section.

Section 6. is repealed

Citizen Hats
lol-i-wear-hats
Canada

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2013, 11:06:54 PM »

Well, Shoot
Citizen Hats
lol-i-wear-hats
Canada

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2013, 11:18:26 PM »

Nope
Citizen Hats