How many elections until the D presidential candidate wins a county in WV?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 09:42:27 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  How many elections until the D presidential candidate wins a county in WV?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How many elections until the D presidential candidate wins a county in WV?  (Read 1273 times)
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 19, 2018, 05:16:04 PM »

Obama carried a handful of counties in West Virginia in 2008. How long will it be before the D candidate wins a single county?
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2018, 07:47:00 PM »

The Next Election the Democrat wins in (nationally not WV)
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2018, 10:07:12 PM »

I doubt it. Obama won in 2012 while losing every county in West Virginia. I think it will take a monumental shift to the left in WV politics for that to change any time soon.
Peanut
Costa Rica

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2018, 08:59:21 AM »

I doubt it. Obama won in 2012 while losing every county in West Virginia. I think it will take a monumental shift to the left in WV politics for that to change any time soon.

Maybe if Trump is reelected and 2024 becomes the next 2008
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2018, 09:12:50 AM »

Maybe 2024
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2018, 09:29:07 AM »

Yeah, Jefferson or Monongalia could flip in 2024, but what is it with this forum's obsession with WV?

It's had one of the most fascinating and quickest political transformations of recent memory?
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2018, 09:29:44 AM »

Yeah, Jefferson or Monongalia could flip in 2024, but what is it with this forum's obsession with WV?

It's had one of the most fascinating and quickest political transformations of recent memory?
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2018, 09:34:50 AM »

Arkansas' political transformation was much quicker, and no one really talks a lot about the state here. And unlike WV, AR is actually solidly Republican at ALL levels.
Peanut
Costa Rica

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2018, 09:36:45 AM »

So have AR, VT, CO, VA, and some others but we just ignore those poor, poor States, poor things.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2018, 09:38:32 AM »

Arkansas' political transformation was much quicker, and no one really talks a lot about the state here. And unlike WV, AR is actually solidly Republican at ALL levels.
In WV you have the history surrounding organized labor though. That makes it different from your typical Southern state. There's tons of COAL MINERS.
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2018, 12:54:18 PM »

2028ish- Jefferson gradually becomes dominated by D.C. commuters.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2018, 02:04:16 PM »

So have AR, VT, CO, VA, and some others but we just ignore those poor, poor States, poor things.

WV went from +14.75% DEM (a larger margin than CT in 2016) to +42.07% GOP (second most GOP state in the nation) in twenty years ... not sure the others are anywhere near that crazy.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2018, 04:17:19 PM »

In WV you have the history surrounding organized labor though. That makes it different from your typical Southern state. There's tons of COAL MINERS.

Purple heart Coal Blue heart Mining Yellow heart WWCs Green heart
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2018, 04:19:41 PM »

The funny thing is that people here bashed me for being obsessed with it, when in reality that meme only started because years ago like 20 users jumped down my throat to call me Satan incarnate for bashing it in a single post in passing, which just made me want to do it more. Tongue
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2018, 04:35:55 PM »

The funny thing is that people here bashed me for being obsessed with it, when in reality that meme only started because years ago like 20 users jumped down my throat to call me Satan incarnate for bashing it in a single post in passing, which just made me want to do it more. Tongue

My friend, it's an uphill battle that you're never going to win from an "Atlas PR standpoint" (not that you should care, LOL), IMO.  You're a member of the party that claims to care about the less fortunate or whatever hooplah you're sellin'.  When you talk about ANY less fortunate people like you do about some West Virginians - even if it's for a very legit reason - you're going to face some criticism.  Again, though, not that you should care. Smiley
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2018, 04:36:42 PM »

For some reason, I can relate to you. Tongue How dare you say something mean about a 95% White state?

I just think it's ironic that you usually seem to lean Republican and probably hate the Republican parts of NH a lot more than the Democratic parts. Tongue
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2018, 07:11:37 PM »

Maybe if a Democrat manages a minimum 5 or 6 point national popular vote victory.
Greatblueheron
Rookie

« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2018, 07:04:12 PM »

If Bernie Sanders is the 2020 Democratic nominee, he could win a few counties in West Virginia, and crack 40% of the vote, while still losing it by double digits.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2018, 07:53:05 PM »

If Bernie Sanders is the 2020 Democratic nominee, he could win a few counties in West Virginia, and crack 40% of the vote, while still losing it by double digits.
LOL no.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies