2021-2022 NFL Pick Em/Discussion Megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 03:39:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  2021-2022 NFL Pick Em/Discussion Megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2021-2022 NFL Pick Em/Discussion Megathread  (Read 40191 times)
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« on: September 17, 2021, 09:23:16 AM »
« edited: September 17, 2021, 09:34:48 AM by DON FARBIZIO CORBERA »

Pro Bowler Taylor Heinecke! I was hyping this guy so hard when I was in school and thought it was a disgrace when he did not get drafted (just because we beat him? smh....). Washington Football Team will challenge for the postseason once again over the pathetic New York Giants. My success rate in identifying NFL QBs has got to be better than most front offices. It's amazing these people have jobs when they could just ask any random guy who actually watches their decision-making abilities play out live.

Nailed Bridgewater and Carr as way better than Bortles (whiffed on Manziel outlasting Jimmy G)
Whiffed in 2015 but didn't we all....both Mariota and Mannion seemed so hopeful at the time for the state of Oregon
All in on Wentz and Dak in 2016. Jury is out but they've proven to be at least as valuable as Goff.
Watson > Mahomes >>> Trubisky in 2017. (Well about that....guess I reversed the elite and the mere superstar until this season)

Most importantly in 2018, which I stake my whole rep on, I had Lamar > Baker > Josh Allen and would not consider Josh Rosen or Sam Darnold with any round or pick since Kyle Lauletta had more upside. Riding this til I die.

2019: All in on MINSHEW mania if I were drafting in the second round (though obvious Heisman 1st overall was obvious) and wouldn't touch Daniel Jones or that thug Haskins.

2020: All in on Burreaux. Tua is RG3 redux and mixed on Herbert (probably prefer Jordan Love - jury is still out). Guess I missed on Hurts being serviceable.

And in case you want the the lotto numbers for the current rookie class:

Justin Fields (Superstar) > Trey Lance (League Average) > Zach Wilson (League Average at peak) > Kyle Trask (Spot Starter) > Mac Jones (Spot Starter/Bust) > Trevor Lawrence (Bust)
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2021, 10:14:21 PM »

Ridiculous that Gardner Minshew is not starting. Makes no sense.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2021, 08:23:26 PM »
« Edited: November 09, 2021, 01:07:34 PM by Don Fabrizio Corbčra »

Aaron Rodgers ruined his legacy. Period. Aaron Rodgers was the left's answer to Tom Brady/Brett Favre. He was smart enough to host Jeopardy! He went to UC-Berkeley not Southern Miss. Aaron Rodgers was a player for the highly educated who dislike the Confederate Flag and want to defund the police after Colin Kaepernick got blacklisted for kneeling.

He was celebrated as the best despite rarely winning the Super Bowl and lacking a competitive edge to put him over the top like Tom Brady. A lot of people are saying that he will no longer be remembered as an option in the GOAT discussion because he abandoned the people who supported him in the first place. Brady, Manning, etc. won more and got vaccinated. Conservatives count rings, like with Michael Jordan.

Vince Lombardi, who was known for his authoritarian personality, would not have put up with this. He was conservative but was reasonable, supported LGBTQQ+, etc. He would tell his team to get vaccinated and play football. Period.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2021, 08:52:14 PM »

Aaron Rodgers ruined his legacy. Period. Aaron Rodgers was the left's answer to Tom Brady/Brett Favre. He was smart enough to host Jeopardy! He went to UC-Berkeley not Southern Miss. Aaron Rodgers was a player for the highly educated who dislike the Confederate Flag and want to defund the police after Colin Kaepernick got blacklisted for kneeling.

He was celebrated as the best despite rarely winning the Super Bowl and lacking a competitive edge to put him over the top like Tom Brady. A lot of people are saying that he will no longer be remembered as an option in the GOAT discussion because he is abandoned the people who supported him in the first place. Brady, Manning, etc. won more and got vaccinated. Conservatives count rings, like with Michael Jordan.

Vince Lombardi, who was known for his authoritarian personality, would not have put up with this. He was conservative but was reasonable, supported LGBTQQ+, etc. He would tell his team to get vaccinated and play football. Period.

For a terrific look at Vince Lombardi, I highly recommend the book Instant Replay, Jerry Kramer's chronicle of the Packers' 1967 championship season.   Any NFL fan will likely enjoy it.

He was a Democrat but not a Berkeley Democrat. He supported all races. I wonder what he would say about BLM. He was color blind and just wanted to coach the game, but sometimes that is not enough - you have to make amends if you have privilege.

He would've stood up to racist abuse like that against Marcus Rashford, Jadon Sancho and Bukayo Sako if they were on his team, along with Harry Kane.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2022, 02:01:49 AM »

Got to be happy for Big Ben! Great way to go out for a true champion of the sport, but BRADY is the real goat. Eagles are like a BYE.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2022, 03:39:33 PM »

Wow, I called the Eagles a bye week for Captain Tom, but even that may have been too generous. Good luck trying to stop the king, y'all.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2022, 07:35:20 PM »

Joe Burrow's Hall of Fame resume keeps growing!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies