Runoff elections in non-majority states (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 01:02:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Runoff elections in non-majority states (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Runoff elections in non-majority states  (Read 1722 times)
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: 2.43

« on: October 20, 2017, 07:39:51 PM »

I was actually planning on starting with 1844, but I want to be sure I have discussion, so I'll go backwards and start with '16.

Each runoff election takes place a week after election day between the top two finishers within the state, which for all the states here and for most of the time generally is between D and R with no third parties. McMullin tried to make the runoff in Utah, so that he could force Trump into accepting more establishment GOP ideology to win the state's 6 EV, but he failed.

Maine will have a statewide runoff which will allocate a pair of its electoral votes, the other pair already assigned. Nebraska will have a runoff only in its second CD, to allocate a single electoral vote.

Here are the states that will be having runoff elections for senate. LA has the same system as OTL and AK will be Murkowski vs. Miller. All the other senatorial runoffs will concur with the presidential runoff and will have better turnout.

WV, NC, and NH will all have runoff gubernatorial elections. There are no runoff elections for congress's lower chamber.

Currently Trump leads the EC 198-183.

Oooh, interesting!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies