Speed Of Sound V. Gabu (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 12:18:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Speed Of Sound V. Gabu (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Speed Of Sound V. Gabu  (Read 1387 times)
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« on: July 02, 2007, 07:10:58 AM »

I will pick this case up for SoS because I am a member of the region
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2007, 09:06:43 AM »

The only hope for this lawsuit's success is to get the court to notice a difference between the phrases "on the tenth day before an election" and "in the ten days before an election".  Mainly b/c I think past SoFA precedent on the first phrase is solid logically.

Just FYI.

I am banking on that, although if we want to do logically, Kevin thought that by having his move blocked it was no longer valid and therefore though he was not leaving the Northeast
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2007, 09:42:24 AM »

Kevin's move:

Then Gabu informed Kevin his move was not valid:

Just a note... you can only change your state once every 60 days.  You last changed your state of residence on April 20; as the deadline to register for the election was June 12, you are still counted as residing in Rhode Island for the purposes of the June election.  You will be in California thereafter, however.

Therefore, Kevin thought he was clear to vote in the Northeast election as demonstrated by this:

I haven't moved yet...I'm still leagally a NE citizen. 

Now I do not know if personal messages can be used as evidence but that was in response to me asking Kevin if he had retracted his move or if he was still moving.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies