An Importance Announcement: Ben
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 01:23:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  An Importance Announcement: Ben
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: An Importance Announcement: Ben  (Read 3667 times)
Ben.
Ben
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 15, 2004, 12:57:28 PM »
« edited: June 15, 2004, 12:59:01 PM by Ben »

[The lawn outside of Ben’s large, yet pleasant home in rural Virginia, the press are sat in several rows of seats facing a podium, it is a warm day and the sun is basking the entire surroundings in pleasant warm beams of light, the flower beds have recently budded the trees cast refreshing shows over portions of the lawn and in the distance the Blue Ridge Mountains can be made out in the distance, behind the seated reporters television camera’s are station trained on the podium, witch is situated at the bottom and slight forward from the short flight old stone steps leading to veranda at the back of the house which looks out onto the garden.]            

David Gregory MSNBC: Hi there Mathew, and we’re here at the home of AFDNC Chair Ben, for what has been billed to us as a announcement of “tremendous importance”, it is understood that the DNC chair met with the President this morning and has also spoken with the Vice President, intriguingly it is rumoured that Ben has also spoken with Gustaf the UAC nominee and the UAC chair JFK. We are not sure what’s happening Mathew but all the signs are for some interesting announcements this afternoon…. And now… yes… there is Ben just coming out of the French window of the back of his home…

[Sporting a dark suite and a blue shirt with a red tie, Ben descends the few steps to the podium while camera flashes go off and net work news correspondents go silent]          

My Fellow Americans.

This morning I informed the President that I intended to resign as Chair of the Democratic National Committee. In that meeting I gave my reasons as the continuing leftward drift of the party and the fact that I felt that I could no longer be a member of such a party. I must stress that the President is every bit the morally upright and gentlemanly person who was elected four sort months ago, he has achieved much in his time as president, However I now feel that not only has the government become listless but that the left has grown to strong and the moderates within the party have largely seen their influence decline and as a result the president has embraced a platform that imho is far to liberal to warrant my support in good conscience.

I struggled for the past few days with the desire to be loyal to my party and the desire to be loyal to my conscience, when I find that I cannot be loyal to both I must conclude that it would be wretched state of affairs if my partisan loyalty overcame my sense of what was right. And so from this moment forth I have resigned my membership of the AF Democratic Party and my post as AFDNC Chair, I now intend to join the UAC, with the belief that they more closely reflect my values and beliefs on a number of issues such as welfare, spending, defence and social issues, I believe that Gustaf will make a fine President who will very much reflect my values and the values of a great many Atlantians and Americans while I will work as hard as I can to get Gustaf elected.

I will reiterate this has not been an easy decision, but in a choice between tribal loyalty and my loyalty to my vision of that which is right and best for this nation, it is my notion of that which is right, regardless of partisan sentiment, that I must follow.

Thanks you for your time ladies and gentlemen.

Now I will take a few questions…  
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2004, 01:02:49 PM »

*applauds*

Welcome to the party Ben!
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2004, 01:04:34 PM »

Another UACer, I can't believe it!
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -6.09

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2004, 01:12:29 PM »

Welcome Ben! You're home Wink
Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2004, 01:59:35 PM »
« Edited: June 15, 2004, 02:03:09 PM by Governor htmldon »

Welcome!  It's about damn time that BOTH of the forum's hardcore moderate partisans were in the same Party Smiley

NOW Virginia can be added into the southeast!
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2004, 02:48:50 PM »

I guess I have to take my old job back.
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2004, 03:44:04 PM »

I strongly oppose any move by Mr. Boss Tweed to move back into the position of Chairman of the DNC.

ABB- Anybody But Boss!!  Cheesy
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2004, 03:51:36 PM »

Amazing development!
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2004, 03:53:58 PM »

Fine Fritz.

You take the job.  Turn us into AFRNC-lites by having 82 chairmen a week.
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2004, 04:05:09 PM »
« Edited: June 15, 2004, 04:06:13 PM by Secretary of Labor Fritz »

Well I am running for Senate right now. let's see how that turns out before I put my name forward for any other jobs.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2004, 04:07:39 PM »

Well I am running for Senate right now. let's see how that turns out before I put my name forward for any other jobs.

Take the job now.  We shouldn't be chairmanless.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2004, 04:09:39 PM »

Take the job now.  We shouldn't be chairmanless.

Shouldn't the party elect someone? Or maybe say your more powerful members choose like Nym90 or Harry or Al?
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2004, 04:40:15 PM »

A new chairman will be appointed soon.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2004, 04:47:08 PM »

Funny stuff Cool
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2004, 04:56:00 PM »

Welcome to the party Ben. I am no longer the newest member. Tongue
Ben.
Ben
YaBB God

« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2004, 05:49:08 PM »

How So?
Ben.
Ben
YaBB God

« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2004, 05:55:18 PM »

Welcome!  It's about damn time that BOTH of the forum's hardcore moderate partisans were in the same Party Smiley

NOW Virginia can be added into the southeast!

Welcome to the party Ben. I am no longer the newest member. Tongue

Thanks guys Smiley

You are all members of the forum whom I respect greatly and I look forward to working with you all in this present campaign and in many in the future.

But I have just got back from work and am knackered…

So good night and thank you all once again.

Ben
migrendel
Italy

« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2004, 06:42:54 PM »

I'm glad to see that the Democrats are making progress in their move to the left. I hope to one day rejoin my spiritual party, and it looks like that day might come.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2004, 07:04:10 PM »

Welcome Ben! Cheesy This is indeed a glorious day. Smiley

Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2004, 12:40:52 AM »

Another UACer, I can't believe it!

My sentiments exactly.

You were elected to lead the democratic party, ben, and not only did you fail but you fled into the arms of the 'enemy'.

I am not a democrat or a UACer, but I am disgusted.

The democrats better choose a good chairman this time, or their reputation will be destroyed. Boy am I glad I'm not a democrat anymore. Nym, I seriously suggest you consider running for chairman if you lose the election or if you win appointing someone loyal, of integrity and worthy of the post.

:mad:
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2004, 02:03:58 AM »

Hughento--

An announcement will be forthcoming soon on the appointment of a new chair. There are many worthy candidates, and I am not personally interested in the job, regardless of the outcome of the election.

I share your disappointment as to Ben's defection, though I respect the fact that he followed his conscience. I would encourage all voters who may be unsure of whom to vote for to read the debates, read the campaign speeches made by all candidates, and then follow your conscience.

I take some responsibility for Ben's party change myself. I feel no ill will towards him, however.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2004, 02:08:33 AM »

Congrats President Elect Gustaf Smiley He he he he.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2004, 06:06:40 AM »

While I've no problem with Ben joining the UAC (unlike most of them he *is* actually a centrist and I hope he steers it in that direction and away from the naked power grab demonstrated by many of it's members), however I feel it would have been more appropriate if he had resigned his post as AFDNC chair *before* he joined the UAC.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2004, 09:31:52 AM »

While I've no problem with Ben joining the UAC (unlike most of them he *is* actually a centrist and I hope he steers it in that direction and away from the naked power grab demonstrated by many of it's members), however I feel it would have been more appropriate if he had resigned his post as AFDNC chair *before* he joined the UAC.

He did, he handed his resignation officially to the President last night and only announced it here afterwards.

Most of us are centrists actually, you will find very few who aren't, I suppose ILikeVerin isn't one, nor is Brambila but they are in the minority.
Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2004, 09:53:24 AM »

Ilikeverin IS a centrist.

He did, he handed his resignation officially to the President last night and only announced it here afterwards.

Most of us are centrists actually, you will find very few who aren't, I suppose ILikeVerin isn't one, nor is Brambila but they are in the minority.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies