The cult leader is on Leno.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 04:07:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  The cult leader is on Leno.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: The cult leader is on Leno.  (Read 3176 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2011, 01:12:23 PM »

Paultards are not Republicans.
Username MechaRFK
RFK
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -7.30

« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2011, 01:13:49 PM »
« Edited: December 17, 2011, 01:45:06 PM by Ramsey Clark »

Santortards are really amusing,  aren't they?

For the one boyfriend he has on his side compare to Paul million fanboys that would love to lick his balls.
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2011, 01:14:16 PM »

Rick Santorum is a blathering idiot and worthless slut who should be fed to the crocodiles immediately.
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2011, 01:24:22 PM »

MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2011, 01:43:04 PM »

The truth is while Ron Paul is not going to be the nominee, he'll still win a significant share of support in primaries.

As much as Paul's followers overestimates his significance, he actually have some support, unlike certain Pennsylvania loser.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2011, 01:45:44 PM »

The truth is while Ron Paul is not going to be the nominee, he'll still win a significant share of support in primaries.

Outside of Iowa, what's his "significant" support? He polls at like 8%. Yeah, it's more than Santorum. Big deal.

The guy is one of the most overestimated people in all of politics. He has an insanely, dangerously obsessed loyal crew while the other 90% of the party hates him.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2011, 01:49:49 PM »

Just watched it, and I have never seen Paul so laid back. See, Phil, I will give your guy credit on this--Santorum, Perry, Paul, and Huntsman seem like the type of guys you could have a beer with. No other candidates come across that way.
Username MechaRFK
RFK
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -7.30

« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2011, 01:52:32 PM »

The guy is one of the most overestimated people in all of politics. He has an insanely, dangerously obsessed loyal crew while the other 90% of the party hates him.

You just describe the Sarah Palin crowd with your post, only that you choose someone bases who want to end useless wars such as the war in Iraq and War On DRUGS as well as protecting civil liberty?
BigSkyBob

« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2011, 01:52:40 PM »

Some are, some aren't.

I would note that when "moderates" attract supporters outside of registered Republicans that it is described as "broadening the base," yet Paul is being attacked for doing precisely that.

Paul's supporters include so-called "libertarians," and the followers of the cult author Alice Rosenbaum. [Paul named his son after her pen name.] While the followers of so-called "libertarianism" might be beyond the pale, the Rosenbaum cultists reject the morally defective people so-called "libertarians" seem to attract. [I would refer readers to the sordid tale of Jim Purden, his embrace by the "libertarian" party in New Zealand, and the outrageous level of truth denial his "libertarian" defenders  resorted to evade his past.] In fact, another of her cultists won a Congressional seat in Indiana in 1980, and, others served in the Reagan administration.
BigSkyBob

« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2011, 01:56:38 PM »

Ron Paul won a safe Democratic seat in a terrible year for Republicans, narrowly lost that same safe Democratic seat that same terrible year for Republicans, then regained it and held it for three terms before running in the Republican Senate primary against Phil Gramm simply to irritate the establishment.  Thereafter, he ran with the Libertarian Party for President, doing significantly better than any other Libertarian ticket besides the one that had a billionaire on it (which did terribly, given the circumstances, all things considered).  He then returned to Congress in one of the most-watched Congressional races of the year, beating the incumbent congressman who was backed by the entire party establishment in the primary, then beating another better-funded opponent in the still-Democratic district in the general election, all the while facing charges of "extremism."  He beat a well-funded opponent twice in 1998 and 2000, then won the rest of his elections in blowouts mainly by virtue of his personal popularity.  He then set fundraising records in his 2008 run, beat the initial frontrunner in the end, and made himself a household name, though he ultimately didn't win anything (unless the Louisiana caucus counts).  And all of this without ever receiving any support from the party establishment, or PAC and corporate donors.

But I suppose Phil is just pissy his boyfriend is going to finish well behind Paul.

Why not just say, "except in 1980 when David Koch was the Vice-presidential nominee..."

We all know David Koch is a billionaire.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #35 on: December 17, 2011, 01:58:08 PM »

Some are, some aren't.

I would note that when "moderates" attract supporters outside of registered Republicans that it is described as "broadening the base," yet Paul is being attacked for doing precisely that.

Paul's supporters include so-called "libertarians," and the followers of the cult author Alice Rosenbaum. [Paul named his son after her pen name.] While the followers of so-called "libertarianism" might be beyond the pale, the Rosenbaum cultists reject the morally defective people so-called "libertarians" seem to attract. [I would refer readers to the sordid tale of Jim Purden, his embrace by the "libertarian" party in New Zealand, and the outrageous level of truth denial his "libertarian" defenders  resorted to evade his past.] In fact, another of her cultists won a Congressional seat in Indiana in 1980, and, others served in the Reagan administration.
I agree with alot of that, but Rand Paul actually is not named after Ayn Rand. They call him Randy, his wife gave him the Rand nickname.
BigSkyBob

« Reply #36 on: December 17, 2011, 02:00:16 PM »

Some are, some aren't.

I agree with alot of that, but Rand Paul actually is not named after Ayn Rand. They call him Randy, his wife gave him the Rand nickname.

They named him "Randal," and, I simply don't believe the denials.
Ⓐnarchy in the ☭☭☭P!
ModernBourbon Democrat

« Reply #37 on: December 17, 2011, 04:32:06 PM »

Some are, some aren't.

I doubt being named after Ayn Rand is an incredible shame in the Republican Party (among those who even know who she is), so I don't see why Paul would need to deny it.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I think he's referring to Ross Perot, the independent who was a couple of steps away from walking away with the election (and would have led to a vastly improved American electoral system IMO) before inexplicably walking AWAY from the election and then changing his mind to get crushed.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #38 on: December 17, 2011, 04:38:17 PM »

Outside of Iowa, what's his "significant" support? He polls at like 8%. Yeah, it's more than Santorum. Big deal.

Oh yes, he is badly overestimated by his out-of-reality fandom. Yet, as a protest candidate, he performed pretty well in 2008 for someone who's totally unelectable (both for nomination and general election), and certainly will perform better in 2012. When compared to support for Paul, Santorum simply doesn't exist.
Link
« Reply #39 on: December 17, 2011, 09:45:05 PM »

Anyone see this disgusting display? It seems as if The Dangerous Candidate's followers found a way to stack something other than a straw poll...

I saw him on Leno.  He was pretty good.  I'm a big Obama supporter and I thought a lot of the things he said made sense.  Jay Leno did a good job and Paul was very clear about his ideas and likable.  One of the best appearances by a politician I've seen in a long time.  I give it a 8.5.  He didn't play an instrument or do a bit so I can't go higher than that.  Otherwise he would definitely be in the 9+ category.  Very enjoyable.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #40 on: December 18, 2011, 12:23:37 AM »

For the one boyfriend he has on his side compare to Paul million fanboys that would love to lick his balls.

Please realize, folks, that this is supposed to be a positive comment about the Paultards.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #41 on: December 18, 2011, 01:15:56 AM »

I think part of the reason I can really admire the die-hard Paulites is I have the same type of mindset in that I can easily get caught up in undying devotion to someone. On this forum see opebo. In real life there's the case of most of the bands I liked in high school and early college and people like Guy Picciotto. And then see Obama in 2008. And see my thing with Jesus now and a lot of the Christians I now hang out with, I once said of this hipster church plant group leader guy that if he asked us all to drink poisoned kool-aid I totally would only half-joking (and I suppose I have already given him around $200-300...) So yeah as crazy as they are I totally feel the way they do and would probably be exactly like them if I was a libertarian.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #42 on: December 18, 2011, 01:26:16 AM »

Paul named his son after her pen name.

His name is Randal, Rand is just a nick name. When you guys attack Paul on here, please use facts in you're arguments. Please and thanks.
BigSkyBob

« Reply #43 on: December 18, 2011, 01:53:38 AM »

Some are, some aren't.

I doubt being named after Ayn Rand is an incredible shame in the Republican Party (among those who even know who she is), so I don't see why Paul would need to deny it.

Because she was profoundly bigoted against Christianity. Both Paul, and Paul JR, had to disassociate themselves from her or they were done politically.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I think he's referring to Ross Perot, the independent who was a couple of steps away from walking away with the election (and would have led to a vastly improved American electoral system IMO) before inexplicably walking AWAY from the election and then changing his mind to get crushed.
[/quote]

No, he was talking about in 1980 when David Koch was the Vice Presidential nominee put on the Libertarian party ticket to solely to evade campaign contribution limits. As a candidate, Koch could contribute whatever he wanted.
BigSkyBob

« Reply #44 on: December 18, 2011, 02:11:23 AM »

Paul named his son after her pen name.

His name is Randal, Rand is just a nick name. When you guys attack Paul on here, please use facts in you're arguments. Please and thanks.

Oh, I guess we have a profound disagreement about what if fact in this case. I don't subscribe to the notion that it is conincidental that a cult follower would name his child a variation of the cult's leader's name. In practise, they called him "Randy" which is an even closer variation to the cult's leader's name.

The one I really love is Nathan Blumenfeld, whom took the pen name "Nathaniel Branden."  One of his detractors noted Branden is an anagram for "Ben Rand," which is the Hebrew equivalent of "MacRand." That was kinda creepy given their sexual affair. At least the whole bunch weren't Dutch. I hazard to guess how he'd shuffle the letters of "VanDeRand" into a catchy pen name.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies