Alabama Megathread 3: Results Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 09, 2024, 05:33:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Alabama Megathread 3: Results Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who will win?
Roy Moore (R)

Doug Jones (D)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 189

Author Topic: Alabama Megathread 3: Results Thread  (Read 128897 times)
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: December 10, 2017, 11:51:28 AM »

I feel like the fact that Moore is not on the campaign trail at all his final week (and barely was before) and that Jones is touring the state and commanding the airwaves and digital ads is underrated. Moore isn't giving people a reason to vote for him.

Maybe, but I've noticed the right largely are happier voting against something than the left are. This allows a bit of ground when it comes to the need to explain what you stand for.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2017, 12:10:22 PM »

I dunno. I'm not saying that the people Moore needs to convince will vote for Jones, but they might not vote for Moore either, and Moore definitely needs them. There are more than two options.

Not voting for Moore might hurt Jones though if the "sane, non-paedo vote" gets split.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2017, 02:17:33 PM »

Jones may very well win, but him winning by double digits just isn't possible. Missouri is much more liberal than Alabama.

Sure, no one said he would win by double digits, just that there's a possibility he outperforms the polling average by a lot like Northam or McCaskill.
Yeah, I think Jones winning by 5-6% wouldn't be incredibly surprising given the circumstances here, and the fact that this is a low turnout special election two weeks before Christmas.

With all the headlines and hubbub, I wouldn't be so sure about that whole "low turnout" thing.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2017, 09:16:50 PM »

Emerson poll tweets that their poll released tomorrow morning will show one candidate taking control

Emerson Poll Podcast‏ @EmersonPodcast
New @emersonpolling -> One candidate TAKES CONTROL in #ALSen - Has Doug Jones completed the COMEBACK v #RoyMoore ? Find out Monday morning on the podcast | SUBSCRIBE:

https://twitter.com/EmersonPodcast/status/939914880316002304

Blatant poll herding...even crazier than the +3 Gillespie polls last month
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies