Cabinet Officers and Structure Bill (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 26, 2024, 08:50:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Cabinet Officers and Structure Bill (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Cabinet Officers and Structure Bill  (Read 4538 times)
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« on: January 05, 2005, 11:58:09 AM »

Cabinet Officers and Structure Bill

All executive departments are hereby abolished and new executive departments are assigned duties from the US executive departments and principal officers as follows:

1. Department of State and Defense:
i. This department shall have jurisdiction over all matters relating to the Departments of State, Defense, Homeland Security and Veterans' Affairs.
ii. Its Prinicpal Officer shall be the Secretary of State and Defense, who upon adoption of this act shall be either the sitting Secretary of State or the sitting Secretary of Defense and Security as the President may wish.

2. Department of Economic Affairs:
i. This department shall have jurisdiction over all matters relating to the Departments of the Treasury, Commerce, Energy, Agriculture, Transportation and Labor
ii. Its Principal Officer shall be the Secretary of Economic Affairs, who upon adoption of this act shall be the sitting Secretary of the Treasury.

3. Department of Education, Health and Welfare
i. This department shall have jurisdiction over all matters relating to the Departments of Education, Health & Human Services and Housing & Urban Development
ii. Its Principal Officer shall be the Secretary of Education, Health and Welfare, which shall be vacant upon the adoption of this act.

4. Department of Forum Affairs
i. This department shall have jurisdiction over all matters relating to Elections and to the Department of the Interior and shall also maintain the Atlas Forum Headquarters.
ii. Its Principal Officer shall be the Secretary of Forum Affairs, who upon adoption of this act shall be the sitting Secretary of Forum Affairs.

5. Department of Justice
i. This department shall have jurisdiction over all matters relating to the Department of Justice, and shall be the legal advisor to the government and shall also maintain the Senate status thread.
ii. Its Principal Officer shall be the Attorney General, who upon adoption of this act shall be the sitting Attorney General.

6. In line with those provisions contained within the Constitution, the Line of Succession after the Chief Justice shall be as follows:
i. Secretary of State and Defense
ii. Attorney General
iii. Secretary of Forum Affairs
iv. Secretary of Economic Affairs
v. Secretary of Education, Health and Welfare
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2005, 03:00:03 PM »

Just a quick note Al, this would have to be an amendment as the current cabinet positions are mentioned in the constitution so unless we get a new constitution pretty soon, this would be an amendment.

Hopefully we'll be getting a new constitution soon...
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2005, 12:30:31 PM »

Aye
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2005, 03:58:34 PM »

A solution to this might be junior ministers: the Sec of State appoints a Sec of Defense for example.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2005, 05:40:43 PM »

I call for a vote to over-ride the veto. Frankly, most opposition to this bill is testosterone induced.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies