Rubio tax plan projected to add at least $6.8 trillion to deficit Read more: ht
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 07:57:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Rubio tax plan projected to add at least $6.8 trillion to deficit Read more: ht
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Rubio tax plan projected to add at least $6.8 trillion to deficit Read more: ht  (Read 1129 times)
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -7.91

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 11, 2016, 10:58:11 PM »

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/02/marco-rubio-tax-plan-219138?cmpid=sf#ixzz3zszDQb7D

LMAO Rubio is trash
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2016, 11:00:47 PM »

Who cares about Rubio anymore?
Murica!
whyshouldigiveyoumyname?
Angola

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -10.00

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2016, 11:02:04 PM »

Yes Foam Bubbles is trash. I don't understand why it must be repeated so much.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2016, 03:13:30 AM »

Well, he's better than the Donald.
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2016, 03:27:01 AM »

I don't support Donald (even though I relish his candidacy), but I would take him any day of the week before that bumbling neocon.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2016, 03:27:45 AM »
« Edited: February 12, 2016, 03:29:31 AM by Maxwell »

Indeed, Foam Bubbles is trash. Why it must be repeated so much, I do not understand.

That's a deficit that could crack a couple of molars!
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2016, 03:36:37 AM »

I don't support Donald (even though I relish his candidacy), but I would take him any day of the week before that bumbling neocon.

I meant Trump's tax plan, which would result in a ten trillion deficit.
Higgs

Political Matrix
E: 6.14, S: -4.17

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2016, 08:15:02 AM »

DeadPrez to be fair I'm pretty sure Rand Paul's plan would've added more.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2016, 08:18:22 AM »

fiscal conservative Smiley
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2016, 08:20:12 AM »

Every Republican Candidate's plans will cost trillions of dollars. Everyone, some a bit less, some a bit more.

I don't see what the debate is - Sanders & Hillary are getting butchered on issues, specific plans, how will you pay & what not. The GOP candidate has had vague debates.

Christie in one debate talked about the king of Jordan i think & the guy he talked about was dead. Trump did not know China was part of tpp & didn't know what the nuclear triad was.

We don't get substantive questions on most topics. Only immigration & foreign policy!
Admiral Kizaru
Political Matrix
E: -3.61, S: -3.83

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2016, 08:27:01 AM »
« Edited: February 12, 2016, 08:29:08 AM by Admiral Kizaru »

His support of scrapping the capital gains tax is mental - something even the likes of Romney would be opposed to. The only people that would really benefit are the real extreme millionaires and billionaires, i.e. his donors. He should be disqualified on that basis alone.

Thank lord Christie destroyed this lightweight puppet and hopefully spared us from the prospect of him ever getting the keys to the Whitehouse.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2016, 09:04:37 AM »

Much of the Rubio plan is reasonably sensible (and a drop in the marginal tax rate from 39% to 35% is more modest than the other Pub plans), but where it falls apart is ending the tax on capital gains, and having a 25% rate for business income that is passed through to an individual tax return via a subchapter S corp or LLC or partnership. Beyond the unrealistic amount of revenue loss, those kind of rate distinctions between different kinds of income, just lead to gaming the system. So like every other tax plan of every candidate running, Rubio's plan is a FAIL. I should have run for POTUS. It's that bad out there. Sad
Higgs

Political Matrix
E: 6.14, S: -4.17

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2016, 09:17:08 AM »

Much of the Rubio plan is reasonably sensible (and a drop in the marginal tax rate from 39% to 35% is more modest than the other Pub plans), but where it falls apart is ending the tax on capital gains, and having a 25% rate for business income that is passed through to an individual tax return via a subchapter S corp or LLC or partnership. Beyond the unrealistic amount of revenue loss, those kind of rate distinctions between different kinds of income, just lead to gaming the system. So like every other tax plan of every candidate running, Rubio's plan is a FAIL. I should have run for POTUS. It's that bad out there. Sad

What would your tax plan be?
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2016, 09:29:00 AM »
« Edited: February 12, 2016, 09:34:35 AM by Torie »

What would your tax plan be?

Lower the corporate tax (for C corps that are separately taxed) to 25% to get in line with most of there rest of industrialized world, cut the tax rate on dividends from such C corps (the double taxation issue, and one that tends to cause corps to retain too much money, rather than distribute it out as dividends), keep the top rate around 40%, deal with the municipal bond loophole (the rich can get their implicit marginal tax rate down to about 25% on interest by using those instruments, at the Federal government's expense), to the extent all social security income that you get out beyond what you put in, is taxed for higher income earners, cut back on deductions, including charitable deductions, and the mortgage deduction, with a more rapid phase out as your income goes up, cut back on pension deductions for high income earners, eliminate loopholes that improperly convert ordinary income to capital gains (which some of these fancy financial products still do), slow down the phase out of the earned income tax credit, so the implicit marginal tax rate as it is phased out for low income earners, is not about as high as for the top 1%, and make sure the package overall does not reduce government revenues, and preferably, increase it by a modest amount.

How am I doing so far?   Centrist, sensible, fiscally responsible, pro growth, fairer. Right? Smiley

And yes, taxing "speculation" is nonsense. Speculators play an important role. They help keep prices
"efficient."  The Wall Street collapse was due to the misusing of insured deposits, and a lack of regulation of the banks as to their underwriting standards (what the government cheering them on to make subprime mortgages with Fannie Mae than buying many of them, taking the risk off the banks, and onto the taxpayers, and the corruption of the credit rating agencies, who committed criminal fraud, along with some investment banks, who effectively rigged prices, as discussed in the movie the Big Short. It was not due to non fraudulent, non insured deposit monied, speculation. Sorry Bernie.

PresidentTRUMP
2016election

« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2016, 09:47:31 AM »

Every day there is another thread knocking Rubio, Geez. Yesterday someone actually made a thread about him chipping a tooth when eating a candy bar or something. This is hilarious now. What thread will tomorrow bring about Rubio?
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies