Obama Backs Gay Marriage! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 01:33:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Obama Backs Gay Marriage! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Obama Backs Gay Marriage!  (Read 33248 times)
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« on: May 09, 2012, 03:16:53 PM »

We all knew this, but it is nice for him to come out and say it.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2012, 03:43:30 PM »

Looks like Obama alienated about half the hispanic votes in key swing states.  Oh, and I thought Romney was a flip flopper on issues, Obama supporters can be hypocrites at times.

Yeah, because they are going to run to the party that has demonize them the past few years.

Conservatives desperation is hilarious...........
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2012, 03:47:00 PM »

Looks like Obama alienated about half the hispanic votes in key swing states.  Oh, and I thought Romney was a flip flopper on issues, Obama supporters can be hypocrites at times.

Yeah, because they are going to run to the party that has demonize them the past few years.

Conservatives desperation is hilarious...........
Right....and Obama supports clean renewable energy when he drives a gas guzzling caddy?  Hypocrites!

And what does that have to do with hispanics?
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2012, 04:08:55 PM »

My guess is that he just lost about 27 electoral votes, but strengthened his base. A great issue that the Romney Campaign can use against him in several ways.

Lmao are Republicans this delusional or desperate?

It isn't 2004 anymore, these social issues just aren't going to that big of a factor.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2012, 05:50:59 PM »

Good. Obama's taking a minority stance on this issue, and this could be something Romney needs to fire up conservatives. Also, this takes away Obama's ability to attack Romney for being a flip-flopper without looking like a complete hypocrite.

Not really.

Notice how the opposition grew when President George Walker Bush made it a campaign issue in 2004. We have to do that again. I'm telling ya...if we run from social issues, we lose. If we stand our ground, we win.

Of course it would probably be a 270 electoral vote win and a popular vote loss where Obama loses but still receives millions of more votes than Romney and racial division is increased, but yeah...

If Republicans think social issues in 2012 are going win them elections alas 2004....then they are in for a rude awakening.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies