The Romney Administration
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 09:45:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  The Romney Administration
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 38
Author Topic: The Romney Administration  (Read 104211 times)
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: March 07, 2018, 02:59:18 AM »

Romney Signs Immigration Reform Act of 2013:

Romney: Thank You , Thank You. For nearly two decades now the issue of immigration has come up on the campaign trail and politicians would claim that if you elected them they would do something about the issue, but once they got into office nothing would ever get done because of divisive the issue is, and how neither side of the issue would be willing to make the necessary compromises needed to get it passed. Due to that the problem got worse and worse through the years, and it seemed like it was a problem we would have to live with for the rest of our lives because its an unsolvable problem. Today thanks to both Republicans and Democrats in both the House and the Senate working together to get an immigration reform bill passed, it happened and today that bill will be signed into law. This bill will meet the 4 most important goals any long-term solution needs and they are: Improving our Border Security to stop future illegal immigration at the border, disincentivizing companies from hiring illegal workers by increases penalties on those who do , allow illegal immigrants who have resided in our country for many years and who havent committed crimes to come out of the shadows and be eligible to become permanent residents, and have the ones who came here illegally as kids be eligible to become citizens. Lastly, this bill guarantees the US can attract and retain the best and brightest people from all across the world which will help grow our economy in the future.

Romney Signs Bill
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #151 on: March 07, 2018, 03:02:02 AM »

I want to thank UWS for making the last photoshopped image(Since I dont have photoshop software) and for two future photoshopped images(Of Romney's future SOTU , and any Oval Office Addresses he may have to give).
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #152 on: March 07, 2018, 11:31:40 AM »

I want to thank UWS for making the last photoshopped image(Since I dont have photoshop software) and for two future photoshopped images(Of Romney's future SOTU , and any Oval Office Addresses he may have to give).

It's a great pleasure! Awesome timeline, by the way.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #153 on: March 07, 2018, 01:15:00 PM »

It's a great pleasure! Awesome timeline, by the way.

Thank you
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #154 on: March 07, 2018, 06:03:02 PM »
« Edited: March 10, 2019, 11:41:50 PM by Old School Republican »

CNN : How will this new Immigration bill affect future voting patterns:

Newt Gingrich: In my opinion, the Republicans won big due to the passage of this bill. They did something the Democrats promised for years but failed to do , and that is pass comprehensive immigration reform and Hispanic Voters will begin to see that the Democratic Party is not interested in anything but increasing taxes and regulations on the average folks and making their power stronger and reward the GOP for the passage of this bill. I believe in future election cycles, a majority of Hispanic voters will vote Republican along with in my opinion 2/3 of Asians which will mean the Democrats will be locked out of the White House for many cycles to come.

Van Jones: That point, in my opinion, is ridiculous, as most Hispanics and Asians are not one issue voters.  First of all the ones who are , will recognize that the Republicans blocked a very similar bill to this when a Democrat was in the White House which prevented this issue for being solved just so they can politically benefit from it. Second the reason most Hispanics vote Democratic is not because of the issue of immigration as most Republican nominees in the past have also supported a similar type of reform to the one that just past, and still a majority didnt vote for them. The reason they vote Republican is many of them are part of working-class families  who would be hurt by Republican policies of cutting Government aid to poor and lower-middle-class Americans, are strong supporters of public education which many Republicans want to privatize and  support the Democrats on Healthcare. So the fact is Republicans still support those things so all I can see at best the Republicans doing with the Hispanic vote is around where George Bush did in 2004, and also Democratic  Asians vote against the Republicans because of the religious right and anti-intellectualism not immigration.

Gingrich: Republicans won the Asian vote in 2012

Van Jones: Yes they did but not even close to getting  2/3 of the vote

Gingrich: Here's the fact , the Obama years proved that Democrats are not good at handling the economy, and failures at passing bills like healthcare care reform.

Van Jones: If the economy does strong over the next 4 years , then I could possibly seeing Republicans making further inroads into the Hispanic vote but it wont be because of immigration which every Republican and Democratic nominee have supported this type of bill since as long as I can remember. Also Remember the Democrats were doing really well as well at this point 4 years ago, and Republicans were in shambles so what changed things so fast that the GOP took back the House in 2010. It was Democrats failure to pass healthcare reform , and that is the issue the GOP is going to tackle next , and if they fail to pass healthcare reform, or pass a right wing reform into law the samething could happen to them.

Gingrich: We will see about that
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #155 on: March 08, 2018, 03:16:16 AM »

Secretary of State Lugar announces that the Latin American Free Trade Agreement(With exception Venezuela) has been tentatively agreed to and President Romney sends the agreement to Congress for approval.

OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #156 on: March 08, 2018, 04:13:05 AM »

President Romney Approval Rating's and Other Polls(7/6/13):

Romney's Approval:

Approve: 64%
Disapprove: 27%

Opinion on Immigration Reform Bill:

Approve: 77%
Disapprove: 22%

House Generic Ballot:

Republicans: 54%
Democrats : 42%

OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #157 on: March 08, 2018, 03:34:10 PM »

Senator Bernie Sanders and Senator Jeff Merkley announce they will filibuster the Latin American Trade Agreement

Bernie Sanders: Yesterday the President of the United States sent the administration's proposed trade agreement between the US and Latin America to Congress and told us to quickly approve it. The fact is this trade bill is nothing but putting NAFTA on steroids. We have already seen how NAFTA has done nothing but enrich the pockets of multinational corporations while sipping good paying US jobs overseas. Despite the fact that NAFTA has already been a disaster for the working class, the President believes that not only should we refuse to renegotiate that trade agreement so it can benefit the working people in this country more, he believes that we should expand NAFTA and put it on steroids which in my opinion is unacceptable and for that reason I will filibuster this trade agreement.

Jeff Merkley: I 100% in agreement with Senator Sanders on this, and another concern I have with this trade agreement is it will further weaken US environmental protection rules and make the problem of Climate Change worse. Listen neither Senator Sanders or I are opposed to making trade agreements but we believe that trade agreements should be used to make the middle and working class of our nation and the nation we will be trading with better, and also help the environment instead of just crafting deals to make multinational corporations richer. Yes I will also be filibustering this trade agreement.

UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #158 on: March 08, 2018, 09:40:11 PM »
« Edited: March 08, 2018, 10:32:18 PM by UWS »

How many senate seats does the GOP have? Because if they have between 55 and 60 seats, they can override the filibuster, the moreover that there are surely pro-free trade Democrats in the Senate.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #159 on: March 09, 2018, 03:54:07 AM »
« Edited: March 09, 2018, 03:58:59 AM by Old School Republican »

How many senate seats does the GOP have? Because if they have between 55 and 60 seats, they can override the filibuster, the moreover that there are surely pro-free trade Democrats in the Senate.

57 Republican Senators,

The reason Bernie and Merkley are just really doing this is mainly for an attempt to try to rally the Democratic Base around a Protectionist Agenda.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #160 on: March 09, 2018, 07:57:37 PM »
« Edited: March 09, 2018, 08:43:00 PM by Old School Republican »

Breaking News : Senator Frank Lautenberg passes away

President Responds: Today is a sad day for our country, as Senator Frank Lautenberg passed away. Senator Lautenberg served the state of New Jersey with honor, and also served in the Senate with honor. Our condolences go to his family ,and I want to let them know that we will be there for them if they need anyone.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #161 on: March 09, 2018, 08:05:39 PM »
« Edited: March 10, 2018, 01:15:00 AM by Old School Republican »

New Jersey Governor Chris Christe Calls an Special Election on October 16th to fill the Lautenberg's Senate Seat. He will also appoint Jeff Chiesa to the Vacant Senate seat until the winner of the Special Election is Certified

OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #162 on: March 10, 2018, 01:48:13 AM »

House approves of US-Latin American Free Trade Deal, and Senate does as well after breaking Filibuster. Mitt Romney officially signs Trade Deal at a ceremony

Note: Venezuela and Cuba are not in this trade agreement, due to Venezuela refusing to sign, and Cuba not being even invited to the table.

Senate Voting: 56 Republicans and 12 Senate Democrats voted for the free trade deal, while 30 Democrats and 2 Senate Republicans vote against it .

Romney: Thank You , Thank You.  In today's ever more globalized economy it is important that the United States expands trade relations with different countries all over the world to keep our nation's economy strong. This is especially true, with countries in our own hemisphere, so I believe this trade agreement was critical in preserving our economic strength. I want to end by thanking all the leaders of all the different countries in this Agreement, the Secretary of State, and members of Congress who made this trade agreement possible.

Romney Officially Signs Agreement
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #163 on: March 10, 2018, 02:09:30 AM »

2013 Off-Year Election Races:

New Jersey Senate Special Election : Former Bogota Mayor Steve Lonegan(R) vsNewark Mayor Cory Booker(D)

Rating : Likely Democratic

New Jersey Gubernatorial Election: Governor Chris Christie(R) vs State Senator Barbara Buono(D)

Rating: Safe Republican

Virginia Gubernatorial Election: Former RNC Chair Ed Gillespie vs Former DNC Chair Terry McAuliffe(D)

Rating: Lean Republican

NYC Mayoral Election: Chairman of Metropolitan Transportation Authority Joe Lhota(R) vs Former Member of NYC City Council Bill de Blasio(D)

Rating: Safe Democratic
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #164 on: March 11, 2018, 03:26:20 AM »

Romney Holds a Press Conference about Assad using Chemical Weapons

Romney: As you may have heard, Bashar Al Assad the dictator of Syria a few days ago used chemical weapons against his own people . This action shows that Assad has no regard for human life, and is willing to commit any type of atrocity just so he can stay in power. While he believes that the United States will sit back an continue to let him commit such terrible atrocities and grossly violate international law , he is wrong because the United States will take action against the Syrian government to make sure this atrocity doesn't happen again.

News Reporter 1: So are you going to increase aid to the Rebels in Syria

Romney: Yes we will increase aid to the Syrian Rebels

News Reporter 2: You mentioned that the United States will take action , what type of action will that be.

Romney: What we have already done so far is increasing the aid we are giving to the rebels in Syria, and increasing the amount of Sanctions we have imposed against the Syrian Government.

News Reporter 2: Will there be a military action taken, and if yes which type

Romney: We haven't decided what type of military action we will take yet, so I can't really say right now. Before I make any decision I will talk with my Foreign Policy and National Security Team, and other world leaders so we can make sure any decision we make on a potential military action is the correct one.

News Reporter 3 : The Russian Government has said that they would veto any UN resolution which involves a potential military action against Syria. What do you say to that

Romney: The fact is all the Russian Government can do is to stop this response from being an official UN response, but they cant do anything to stop the US , Canada, the UK, France, and other allies from taking action against the Syria Government.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #165 on: March 11, 2018, 03:56:28 AM »
« Edited: March 11, 2018, 05:16:40 AM by President Johnson »

That reads really good. I'd take Mitt in a second over Trump. Especially Richard Lugar is doing great. I'm also curious whether the Democrats can win back Lautenberg's seat in the 2013 special election.

By the way, the photoshop pics are very reaslistic. Good work!
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #166 on: March 11, 2018, 04:27:45 AM »
« Edited: March 11, 2018, 04:31:22 AM by Old School Republican »

That read really good. I'd take Mitt in a second over Trump. Especially Richard Lugar is doing great. I'm also curious whether the Democrats can win back Lautenberg's seat in the 2013 special election.

By the way, the photoshop pics are very reaslistic. Good work!

Thanks, I am glad you have liked it .

I wasnt the one who photoshopped the last photo though :
http://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/1024/media/images/63948000/jpg/_63948566_romney_photoshop.jpg
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #167 on: March 11, 2018, 02:20:42 PM »

Polls Show Majority of Americans Oppose Directly Intervening in the Syrian Civil War , but May Support Using Airstrikes to Destroy WMD sites in Syria.

Would you Support Invading Syria to topple the Syrian Government :

Yes: 18%
No : 76%
Not Sure: 6%

Would you support using Airstrikes(but not ground troops) to help the Syrian Rebels overthrow Assad:

Yes: 31%
No: 61%
Not Sure: 8%

Would you Support using Limited Airstrikes to destroy WMD sites in Syria(mission will be limited to just that):

Yes: 47%
No: 45%
Not Sure: 8%

Wolf Blitzer: So it Seems like the American People would oppose any intervention in Syria which has a goal of regime change, but would be more inclined to support a mission which is limited to destroying WMD sites in Syria.

CNN Guest: Well after how badly the Iraq War went, many Americans are very reluctant to support any type of intervention which has the goal of regime change unless that regime is an imminent threat to the US it self. So due to that they really will only support missions which have limited goals which can be accomplished quickly .

OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #168 on: March 11, 2018, 11:20:51 PM »

Due to heavy opposition from the public, Congress decides not to authorize the use of military force for a regime change operation in Syria but will authorize the use of military force(as long as it doesn't involve ground troops) to destroy WMD sites in Syria.

Wolf Blitzer: We have some breaking news to share with you. The United States Congress just decided to not authorize the use of military force for a regime change mission in Syria.

CNN Guest : Not only did they not authorize that mission, they also prohibited the President from using the War Powers Act to conduct this type of mission which means President Romney cant use the War Powers Act to remove Assad from Power like President Obama was able to do it in 2011 to remove Gaddafi from Power. If President Romney still wants to use military force to remove Assad , he will need to go to Congress and ask for a Official Declaration of War.

Wolf Blitzer: What does this do to US aid to the rebels, and Sanctions imposed against Syria

CNN Guest: It does not stop US aid to the rebels or remove the Sanctions imposed on the Syrian Government, and all it does is stop the US from using military force to remove Assad from power.

Wolf Blitzer: I am told they authorize the use of military force for a limited operation

CNN Guest: They did authorize the use of military force which dont involve ground troops to destroy WMD sites in Syria.

OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #169 on: March 12, 2018, 03:26:47 AM »

US destroys WMD sites in Syria after 3 days of Airstrikes

Sec of Defense Tom Ridge: 3 days after we began our mission to destroy WMD sites in Syria, we have succeeded. Thanks to the brave men and women in uniform the Syrian Government will no longer have the capabilities to harm innocent lives using WMD's again. Not only did our military's efforts destroy most of the Syrian Government's WMD's , it also got the Syrian Government to end their WMD program as well, and destroy all its remaining WMD's. We are once again thankful to our brave women in uniform because this could not have happened without you, and we all wish you to have a great future whether you are continuing your military career or transitioning to becoming a civilian.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #170 on: March 12, 2018, 04:14:28 AM »

Romney's Approvals Surge in Latest Polls(9/21/13)

Romney's Approval:

Approval : 69%(+8%)
Disapprove: 24%(-6%)
No Opinion: 7%(-2%)

What specific issue should the President and Congress Tackle Next:

1. Healthcare Reform 39%
2. The Deficit 26%
3. Energy: 15%
4. Education Reform: 9%
5. Infrastructure: 9%
6. Other: 2%

House Generic Ballot:

Republicans: 55%(+3%)
Democrats: 42%(-2%)

OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #171 on: March 12, 2018, 03:02:05 PM »

White House Releases an outline of what they want achieved in any Healthcare Reform Bill

-Improving the primary care system that helps promote keeping people healthy instead of just reacting when people get sick.

- Reducing the Price of Prescription Drugs by allowing Medicare to negotiate the price of Drugs.

- Making it Illegal To Deny someone because of Preexisting Conditions

- Increasing Competition in the Market to help lower cost of insurance and improve quality .
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #172 on: March 12, 2018, 05:45:04 PM »

Member of House Ways and Means Committee Introduces Healthcare Reform Bill

OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #173 on: March 12, 2018, 06:29:35 PM »

Newark Mayor Cory Booker Wins New Jersey Senate Special Election

John King: With Mayor Booker-winning Atlantic and Burlington counties by how much he is winning , I really dont see any pathway for the Republican Candidate to win. 

Wolf Blitzer: Stand By as we have a projection to make, CNN can now project that Mayor Cory Booker will win the Jersey Senate Seat meaning that the makeup of the Senate will go back to where it was before Senator Lautenberg Passed Away, at 57 Republicans and 43 Democrats.
BigVic
Australia

« Reply #174 on: March 12, 2018, 10:41:34 PM »

A popular President Romney and a Trump-free GOP. Great TL so far! Romney would've won in 2012 if he didn't chose the then-inexperienced Paul Ryan as running mate.

Rob Portman was on his shortlist before choosing Ryan.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 38  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies