A Lesbian Texan is Being Held at a Gay Conversion Camp Against Her Will (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 12:57:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  A Lesbian Texan is Being Held at a Gay Conversion Camp Against Her Will (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: A Lesbian Texan is Being Held at a Gay Conversion Camp Against Her Will  (Read 2576 times)
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« on: June 09, 2016, 11:47:01 PM »

The parents are claiming she was sent there for her depression and suicidal feelings.  The place in question does not advertise itself as a place that does gay conversion or whatever.  It is hard to know what the truth is here as it is the claim of one part of the family against the other.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2016, 12:55:42 PM »

Can we please not call people "unfit parents" without solid evidence?
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2016, 09:54:20 PM »

Not a term I like to use, but according to that article, the father and priest explicitly tried to change sexual orientation even aside from this camp. That's completely unacceptable if true even if the school's not bad, which it very well may be.

This is again, all according to the aunt/cousin, without corroboration. 
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2016, 10:15:28 PM »

Not a term I like to use, but according to that article, the father and priest explicitly tried to change sexual orientation even aside from this camp. That's completely unacceptable if true even if the school's not bad, which it very well may be.

It's just shua being shua.

unless you have a useful comment, f**k off.

I'm pretty sure if forum would held a vote on whether to get rid of you or Afleitch, they would vote to get rid of you, by an huge margin.

He contributes things, unlike you, which is always the same "think of the feelings of religious people" act all the time. So, if someone should leave, it should be you Shua. We are tired of your act.

These things aren't up for a vote, as much as you might wish them to be, but I love how anything that isn't Robespierran secularism is automatically an "act" lol

Don't worry, MaxQue, I'm fully confident afleitch will be free to stay here to harass people for wandering off the liberal reservation on sexuality issues, no matter what I say to him.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2016, 11:41:14 AM »

Thanks MaxQue for quoting that comment before it was deleted. I tend to miss them.

Anyway the girl in question had a girl friend and had a number of rather sweet exchanges on twitter. They wanted to go to the prom together and she tweeted her parents didn't want her to go if she took her girlfriend. A week later she was sent away.

The centre's secrecy is part of it's problem and homosexuality is clearly defined as undesirable and on the matter suggests it's a place to sent people 'wanting to make a clean break'.

Regardless of why she was sent there there is no doubt her sexuality would be questioned as part of general 'therapy' contrary to psychological best practice. That is damaging and an affront to human dignity.

I would respond to this but dialogue with you is impossible since anything I say either earns me an insult or else is just "shua being shua" Smiley
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies