Partisan skew of nationwide apolitical redistricting
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 08:04:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Partisan skew of nationwide apolitical redistricting
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Partisan skew of nationwide apolitical redistricting  (Read 715 times)
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2022, 06:26:08 PM »

The median district probably ends up about even today, but likely D-leaning by the end of the decade.
palandio

« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2022, 02:04:04 AM »

[snip]
Yup seems good to me. No point arguing this further. I have a slightly different map but this thread will be 100 pages by then Smiley. Still an S/A+ tier map. Probably best to use 2020 presidential numbers for this project just to keep everything the same across states although if I was actually delving into Colorado the best #'s to use would be 2020 senate .

Also I would reccomend updating the Original post with the Colorado map. CO redistricting seems really weird at first but once you think about it, there is only one realistic option atleast as a base map.
Done. 2020 Senate was 4 Safe Hickenlooper, Gardner +1, Gardner +7.5, 2 Safe Gardner btw.
cvparty
United States

« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2022, 02:15:30 AM »
« Edited: February 24, 2022, 02:19:58 AM by cvparty »

FWIW the median district of my set of maps for all 50 states is Biden +4.9 (NC-14 in suburban/exurban Raleigh), less than half of one percent from the NPV, so it’s pretty much neutral!
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies