HR 29.25 Correcting Mistakes Resolution (Passed) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 10:13:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  HR 29.25 Correcting Mistakes Resolution (Passed) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: HR 29.25 Correcting Mistakes Resolution (Passed)  (Read 815 times)
Attorney General & PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« on: March 31, 2021, 11:09:14 AM »

Just out of curiosity, why did you up the clogging rule? Historically that has been set at 2 if memory serves me.
Increase in slots from 10 to 14 compared to the last time we had open slots.

Was it really only ten before? For some reason I thought they reduced the slots when the assigned slots crap was started.

Yep.

The first 10 open threads shall be open to all legislations initially regarding bills, resolutions or constitutional amendments. If the sponsor already has two or more pieces legislation on the House floor, legislation from Representatives who do not shall take priority until all such other legislation is completed. The Speaker shall be the president officer for these open threads.

I remember my proposal at the time was 18 slots, 2 clogging rule, no slot assignments and modifications to cloture.

As someone who was part of discussions in 2019 - the idea of increasing slots was brought up, but YE was against it. We did not anticipate any Federalist votes for any rule change, so we needed something that united all five members of the then-Labor/Peace caucus.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies