Virginia Governor's Race 2013 -Who's Gonna Win? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 06:35:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Virginia Governor's Race 2013 -Who's Gonna Win? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who do you think is most likely to win this November?
Terry McAuliffe (D)

Ken Cuccinelli (R)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 168

Author Topic: Virginia Governor's Race 2013 -Who's Gonna Win?  (Read 67785 times)
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: June 12, 2013, 12:42:25 AM »

These results are disconcerting, I was sure Chopra would win. But I forget that racism still exists in Virginia. And Chopra sounds more foreign than Obama. And even worse, didn't Northam try to give control of the Senate to the Republcians? Who voted for him?

Northam won Fairfax county 54-46, and won NoVA overall.  Totally crushed Aneesh in Norfolk.  Aneesh won metro Richmond including Chesterfield, but even Richmond was 58-42.

Doesn't really look like race played a particular role in the vote.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2013, 01:56:36 AM »

I normally don't believe polls are wrong, but in this race, I think that Cuccinelli will pull off a huge upset.

If he were running against anyone else, I would not say this, but McAuliffe is such a consensus sleazebag that I've got to think that a number of folks in the middle will gag on him.  Virginia has some moderate Republicans, and they will, in the end, stick with Cuccinelli, only because McAuliffe is a sleazeball. 

McAuliffe is a sleazeball to the point where it is hard to imagine how he will effectively govern.  He will never be able to garner popularity to put forth his own legislative program.  He's damaged goods before he's even elected.  And there's 2 weeks to bring people to see this.  Cuccinelli's baggage is ideological to a point, but McAuliffe's is personal, and it's there for good.

And Cuccinelli doesn't have personal baggage? Doesn't he have the same kind of corruption problems that McDonnell has?

Yeah, he's taken $18,000 in "gifts" from the same company, Star Scientific, that has McDonnell's butt in a sling.

http://www.timesdispatch.com/news/state-regional/government-politics/cuccinelli-discloses-more-gifts-from-star-scientific-ceo/article_9b2bcfc8-ed4c-574c-9746-3fdd387e7ec3.html

And there's this:

http://www.baconsrebellion.com/2013/06/cuccinelli-penguins-and-natural-gas.html

http://www.tricities.com/news/local/article_24c925c8-09f9-11e3-935a-0019bb30f31a.html

Lots of reasons to dislike Cooch.  Given all the scandals, it is ironic that McAuliffe will actually be a reformer.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2013, 11:48:45 AM »

New Rasmussen Poll

McAuliffe ahead 50-33-8.   Not a typo

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections/election_2013/virginia/election_2013_virginia_governor
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2013, 11:51:24 AM »

Here's a question. Will Gov. McAuliffe be the first Virginia governor in living memory to *not* be considered a potential presidential nominee after he wins?

So what you're saying is McAuliffe will end up being President?
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2013, 10:12:44 PM »

Last PPP poll is 50-43-4   Herring 47-45
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies