Office of Assemblyman Gass3268
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 07:25:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Assemblyman Gass3268
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 13
Author Topic: Office of Assemblyman Gass3268  (Read 24664 times)
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: January 27, 2013, 02:26:46 PM »

Where do you stand on the Freedom to Eat Act?

This is really a hard piece of legislation for me to form an opinion on. My head says yes while my gut says no. I don't think I could have supported a total repeal of the Canine Protection Act.

Yet, while reading through the debate on the legislation, I do think that a compromise could be found on the matter. I would have kept the part that would prohibit the production of dog meat in Atlasia and section on "docking", but I would have been okay with the sale and purchase of dog meat imported from other countries. Also I would have added an amendment that would have required restaurants and retailers that sell dog to make it clear, in English, on their menus that they sell dog at their establishment.
Zanas
Zanas46
France

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #76 on: January 27, 2013, 03:30:04 PM »

As much as it seems like Ben has been a consistently good Senator, I'm endorsing Gass for the seat. It's always good to have fresh new Labour blood in office ! Smiley
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #77 on: January 27, 2013, 03:31:06 PM »

As much as it seems like Ben has been a consistently good Senator, I'm endorsing Gass for the seat. It's always good to have fresh new Labour blood in office ! Smiley
Ah, no offence, Gass, but I'm not sure this is the best idea.
Remember that you're the only voice the workers have in the Mideast Assembly… I really don't want Governor Tmthforu picking your replacement.

Things will work out. Worse case my replacement will only be in there for about a month before the next election.

Which is, of course, a full half-term. With, presumably, a Federalist supermajority.

Ah well, endorsed nonetheless.

Thank you a Person and Zanas!
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #78 on: January 28, 2013, 07:55:06 PM »

Endorsed
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #79 on: January 28, 2013, 07:57:12 PM »

Thank you Senator!
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #80 on: January 28, 2013, 08:29:15 PM »

Good luck Gass.  I'm sure you'll run an honest campaign, and I look forward to a debate in the next few days Smiley
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #81 on: January 28, 2013, 08:30:07 PM »

Good luck Gass.  I'm sure you'll run an honest campaign, and I look forward to a debate in the next few days Smiley

Someone page Franzl.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #82 on: January 28, 2013, 09:15:20 PM »

Good luck Gass.  I'm sure you'll run an honest campaign, and I look forward to a debate in the next few days Smiley

Good luck to you too Senator!
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #83 on: March 02, 2013, 05:24:28 AM »
« Edited: March 02, 2013, 08:53:21 AM by Gass3268 »

Next weekend there will be a vote on the Mideast Budget Amendment. The text of this amendment reads:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
[/quote]

This version is considerably worse then the prior that was voted down by the region as there is no mechanism that will allow the budget to go over the $50 billion in cases of emergency such as a recession. Due to this weakness in the amendment, I will be voting against it and I will be advocating for its defeat. 
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #84 on: March 02, 2013, 10:56:15 AM »

Shoot, I wish someone had pointed that out during debate. I didn't even notice that.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #85 on: March 02, 2013, 11:06:15 AM »

If the amendment passes, and there truly exists an underlying emergency, we can hold a vote to raise the debt ceiling further. However, I will be voting against this bill so we can put that sort of mechanism in just in case. Thanks for pointing it out, Gass, and my apologies for not recognizing it earlier. Sad
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #86 on: March 02, 2013, 06:37:48 PM »

I too apologize for not pointing this before the legislature passed the amendment. I for the most part avoided the debate on the topic because it appeared like everyone was just jumping back and forth between different limit ideas, I was going to wait until something official was proposed before giving my opinion on the matter. I don't know how I missed the current version going to a final vote, but to me it looks like it came out of nowhere. 
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #87 on: March 03, 2013, 11:52:32 PM »

Next weekend there will be a vote on the Mideast Budget Amendment. The text of this amendment reads:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

This version is considerably worse then the prior that was voted down by the region as there is no mechanism that will allow the budget to go over the $50 billion in cases of emergency such as a recession. Due to this weakness in the amendment, I will be voting against it and I will be advocating for its defeat. 
[/quote]

Let's make something clear - there was no such provision in the previous amendment.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #88 on: March 04, 2013, 08:10:09 PM »

PRESS RELEASE FROM MIDEAST ASSEMBLYMAN GASS3268

I am extremely disappointed with the hyper partisanship currently being shown in the Senate regarding the appointment of Adam Griffin for the position of GM. The fact that a majority of the body is unwilling to at least give Mr. Griffin a chance to do the job is really sad. Also it is a slap in the face for President Marokai as it shows a lack of trust for the new President. It will be really hard for me to provide any future support for anyone that has or is still planning on voting in the negative. Atlasia deserves better from their Senate.      
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #89 on: March 06, 2013, 01:43:20 AM »
« Edited: March 06, 2013, 01:49:24 AM by Gass3268 »

I have formally announced my intentions to run for reelection in the upcoming Mideast Assembly election.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #90 on: March 06, 2013, 10:01:34 AM »

Assemblyman Gass3268 has been a great Assemblyman and has been a tireless advocate for the Mideast. 

Enthusiastically endorsed Smiley
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #91 on: March 06, 2013, 05:22:21 PM »

Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #92 on: March 06, 2013, 05:33:12 PM »

I'd like to ask why you are as conservative as Oldies Tongue
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #93 on: March 06, 2013, 05:39:15 PM »

Endorsed as always.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #94 on: March 06, 2013, 06:13:40 PM »

I'd like to ask why you are as conservative as Oldies Tongue

Let me ask you a question: why is Oldies as liberal as me? Tongue
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #95 on: March 07, 2013, 05:15:32 PM »

Don't put our region at risk, vote no on the awful Mideast Budget Amendment!
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #96 on: March 07, 2013, 06:22:58 PM »

I'm going to be fairly blunt on this and say that I find opposition to this amendment are in absolutely no hurry to get any accomplished and are pretty lazy. Our last version failed by a single vote - those in favor gave up quite a bit of concessions which is agreed to by them, then at the last moment they come up with something new they don't like about it. This is not the way things should be handled in this game.

Added this with the farmer relief bill, which has in ways been like talking to a brick wall, I'm very disappointed with how this session has gone.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #97 on: March 07, 2013, 06:25:21 PM »

I enthusiastically support the Vote No campaign Smiley
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #98 on: March 07, 2013, 06:51:43 PM »

I'm going to be fairly blunt on this and say that I find opposition to this amendment are in absolutely no hurry to get any accomplished and are pretty lazy. Our last version failed by a single vote - those in favor gave up quite a bit of concessions which is agreed to by them, then at the last moment they come up with something new they don't like about it. This is not the way things should be handled in this game.

Added this with the farmer relief bill, which has in ways been like talking to a brick wall, I'm very disappointed with how this session has gone.

I understand your frustration on this here, and I sincerely apologize for not noticing the key provision missing from the bill. I support the concept behind this amendment, but we need to have some sort of legislative mechanism to raise the ceiling, and I regret that we forgot to include one. I've introduced an updated version with the aforementioned change, and procedure on how the handle a situation in which the debt ceiling would be crossed. I am very optimistic we'll get that bill passed and finally entered into our constitution, although it's a shame it's taken so long.

As for the farm bill, I have legitimate concerns, and I do not feel the bill put forth for a final bill limited dissemination of the aid to those most in need of it, instead of allowing those in fine shape to be eligible for grants. The average farmer makes a good bit more than the average citizen, and as a person who's not a fan of such subsidies in the first place, I could not vote for it in the state it was in.

I agree this session hasn't been that great, but we still have three weeks to turn that around, Governor. Smiley
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #99 on: March 07, 2013, 07:00:52 PM »

I agree with almost everything Talley said. ZuWo's newly introduced farm bill will probably get my vote and I am willing to support the right budget amendment.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 13  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies