Ontario 2018 election (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 11:37:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Ontario 2018 election (search mode)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: Ontario 2018 election  (Read 203730 times)
ON Progressive
OntarioProgressive
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -8.70

« Reply #75 on: June 06, 2018, 11:18:04 PM »

ON Progressive
OntarioProgressive
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #76 on: June 06, 2018, 11:36:18 PM »

One thing I don’t quite understand is, if the NDP vote is too inefficient, then where is it concentrated? Because isn’t Doug Ford supposed to be competitive in SW Ontario, where the NDP’s base traditionally is?

I know that their vote share will increase by a lot in a ton of safe PC seats, at the expense of the Liberals, but there seems to be relatively few NDP blowout seats (where they win by like an unnecessary 30 points or something), unlike with the PC’s. That doesn’t quite seem to add up, but maybe I’m just being dumb..

Urban ridings (I.e. Toronto proper)
ON Progressive
OntarioProgressive
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #77 on: June 07, 2018, 07:01:06 AM »

100% agree.  People should not justify support for the PCs by deluding themselves that adults in the room like Vic Fedeli or Christine Elliott will take charge.  Every candidate elected in every riding is the local apologist for Doug Ford.

Similarly, I don't get why people sometimes say "I don't like (insert party leader) but I'm voting for the local candidate of my party!"

Canada's party discipline is higher than any other democracy in the world, so any elected parliament member (federal or provincial) is pretty much just a rubber stamp for the party leader's agenda.
ON Progressive
OntarioProgressive
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #78 on: June 07, 2018, 09:13:06 AM »

Besides the fact that the NDP policies aren't really particularly radical, the vast majority of voters don't care for policy anyway. What makes voters think you're moderate or extremist often comes down to tone and message, rather than actual policy.
ON Progressive
OntarioProgressive
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #79 on: June 07, 2018, 07:02:21 PM »

Is CBC (or some other channel) going to do coverage tonight? Gonna need a stream if that's the case.

CBC has a Youtube stream, I don't know if it'll work in the US though: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SY14V2CgDNI
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies