Opinion of Reagan's and Thatcher's Positions On Apartheid?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 04:32:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Opinion of Reagan's and Thatcher's Positions On Apartheid?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Opinion of Reagan's and Thatcher's Positions On Apartheid?  (Read 6903 times)
politicaladdict
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2009, 09:37:15 PM »

Well, your right that Israelites are pretty harsh about throwing tear-gas and such(ofcourse, I wouldn't care if that happened to there terrorist sponsoring leaders) I'd be against giving soveregnty to Palestine for different reasons, one being because there probably be more terror-sponsoring if it was independent nation like Iran.

But the difference with apartheid is that they showed contempt for blacks, not that there was a terror threat necessarely.

Although, I'm against Mugabi being in Power in Zimbabwe(former Rhodesia) after apartheid for different reasons.

And do you show achnowledgement that the U.S. Military in the Gulf War had a war with Saddam Hussein whom was illegally occupying Kuwait?   
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2009, 05:17:10 AM »

Basically, people in the West never learned about Africa what they learned about Ireland. Just because the IRA's cause is just, does not mean that they are not a group of drug-dealing, child murdering, bank robbing, thugs.

Thank God someone realizes this! (Except I doubt that the IRA cause was just, at least after 1974ish)

You must be logged in to read this quote.

That's just silly.

I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2009, 10:23:56 PM »

It wasn't all of the ANC that was excessively violent. That was a seperate branch called Umkhonto we Sizwe. A good portion of the ANC was always exclusively non-violent, as were most of the prominent anti-apartheid activists, can you really call Desmond Tutu a terrorist thug?

But there is no comparison between any wing of the ANC and the IRA, the ANC had a very just cause, the IRA was just trash with no redeeming value whatsoever.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2009, 05:24:29 AM »

... it would have been 2-3 million people being butchered.

I think that's just been put off a bit, Dan, not circumvented.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies