Germany megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 11:41:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Germany megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Germany megathread  (Read 56094 times)
Secretary of State Liberal Hack
IBNU
YaBB God
Singapore

« on: January 02, 2022, 04:30:34 PM »

Here
IBNU
YaBB God
Singapore

« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2022, 09:51:48 AM »

China wants to buy a 35% stake in the Port of Hamburg. Scholz apparently having learnt nothing from recent experiences of handing your critical infrastructure over to authoritarian regimes is apparently happy to wave this through.

I mean, how stupid can you be?
There's a substantial difference between a gas pipeline that can be turned off easily by Russia compared to mere ownership off the port which can be easily seized with little illeffect in case of hostile moves.
IBNU
YaBB God
Singapore

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2022, 12:15:19 PM »

Absolutely disgusting how people can look at the harm done by alcohol and tobacco, and think that the solution is to make another vice socialy acceptable. And before people bring up gotchas about how people consume drugs illegaly and the casualties from the drug war, the number of people who die from legal tobacco and alcohol make the casualties from the war on drug look minuscule.
IBNU
YaBB God
Singapore

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2022, 08:25:45 PM »

Absolutely disgusting how people can look at the harm done by alcohol and tobacco, and think that the solution is to make another vice socialy acceptable. And before people bring up gotchas about how people consume drugs illegaly and the casualties from the drug war, the number of people who die from legal tobacco and alcohol make the casualties from the war on drug look minuscule.

As fas as I am concerned, I would consider it a natural antidepressant... judging from personal experience it certainly has less side effects than the actual antidepressants I've taken in the past. Actually, I did lament the fact that Cannabis wasn't legal already when the first COVID lockdowns began. It certainly would have made a lot of things smoother for me. Granted, I could have tried asking a doctor given that medical marijuana is legal here since 2017. But as I understand it, this is only for the "critically ill" and when other forms of therapy have failed. So that seemed like a lot of red tape to cut through. Time to get rid of the red tape.
I understand cannabis has positive medical benefits and am glad they helped you but the situation has gone beyond acknowleing that cannabis has medical benefits. Anti-depressants are a prescription only medicine that are dispensed only after careful consideration by qualified medical personell. We don't have sub-cultures glorifying prozac, nor do we have dedicated anti-depressant dispensaries choking down every street. .But in almost every situation medical cannabis has been merely a stepping stone to full legalisation and normalisation of it's usage as we see here.

And the calculations might seem cold but collectively tobacco and alcohol kill almost 8.5 million people every year more than 10x times the people that die from suicide. Even if we assume that marrijuna is only a tenth as bad as tobaaco* that's more than half a million more deaths being sanctioned.

*dubious propostion
IBNU
YaBB God
Singapore

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2022, 08:46:14 PM »

What universe do you live in where people don't abuse prescription drugs? something something "I took the Wock to Poland"
People abusing prescription drugs is bad and is still considered socialy negative, we don't have political movements seeking to allow people to buy Prozac from corner stores.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies