Your hot button issue (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 02:05:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Your hot button issue (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Your hot button issue  (Read 11838 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« on: February 28, 2005, 11:57:46 PM »

raising taxes on the rich and big business
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2005, 12:28:57 AM »

I assume you strongly oppose that?Smiley

I guess you've got nothing to lose, since you plan to be poor all your life.

If I get a degree and net a $70k/year job and my wife gets even a $40k/year job, why should I care about high taxes? It's not like I'll be spending money on expensive suburban homes or nice cars or anything.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2005, 11:01:36 AM »

People who claim there's something "wrong" with spoken English or German or whatever language you're talking, as if there could be any inherent "right" about these things.
Boy, these guys really should be forced to go through their entire public school career again.
Wink

this is so true. Pay no attention to what your teachers tell you, there is no valid reason you should not use "ain't"
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2005, 12:06:04 PM »

Someone needs to pick up a history book. Because according to you the declaration of independence and the constitution states that all men AND women are created equal. When in the history of this country have women not been treated like second-class citizens? Women are being discriminated against in this country, and if you cannot see that then you are the one with blinders on. Maybe men need to be second-class citizens for a while, just to feel what women have been put through for centuries.

Are you a man or a woman?  Are you telling me that you favor intentional discrimination against men?  In that case, you should join NOW.

The reality is this - there have always been benefits and drawbacks to being a man, as well as being a woman.  I don't buy the line that women had all the disadvantages in society, as you do.

Even if I did, two wrongs don't make a right.  We should fix things going forward, but I hate the mindset of the feminist movement and the whole diversity/multicultarism/sexism philosophy of seeing the world simply as advantaged and disadvantaged groups, and nothing more.

I totally agree, it's as if everyone wants to jump on the victim bandwagon.  We've become a society of casturated cauterwhaling cry-babies.

wahhhhh!  my great-great-great-grandfather was a slave!! pity me, pay me!

If we just stopped all liberal/democratic handout policies and took away the onetary incentive of victimhood, this would all go away.

stop paying people to be pussies!

Do you live out near Carver county or those outer Hennepin places like Corcoran and Maple Grove? You remind me of the lunatics who live out in those areas. Although it's probably a good thing they live far out there and don't bother the sensible decent people who live in Minneapolis.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2005, 01:02:20 PM »

oh well, no place is perfect. At least the decent and sensible people there will never be swayed by you.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies