Clinton VP news LATEST: Podesta now calling the losers to tell them its not them (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 05:45:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Clinton VP news LATEST: Podesta now calling the losers to tell them its not them (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Clinton VP news LATEST: Podesta now calling the losers to tell them its not them  (Read 181430 times)
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« on: May 01, 2016, 01:29:31 AM »

Newt Gingrich, Tim Pawlenty, Chris Christie, Scott Brown, and Tim Scott. Wow.

That's an impressively diverse group of people. Has anyone heard any rumors about Daniels or Pawlenry?
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2016, 09:34:29 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I know, right?

God, that meme just won't die, will it?

Not until Trump actually leads in a Utah poll.

#RealAtlas loves to mock how we "ClinTahans" actually believe polls. Atlas #analysis at its finest.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2016, 05:28:54 PM »

I think there is one obvious choice for Donald Trump and he needs to do whatever it takes to convince her to take the spot and that is Susana Martinez.

She literally checks all of the boxes Trump would be looking for:

- Two term governor from New Mexico (Not in the senate or house)
- Political Experience
- Mexican Hispanic
- Female and only latina governor in the US history
- From the West Coast and popular; could put Colorado in Trumps win total and put New Mexico into play.
- Help somewhat with hispanic voters
- Ruins the left's argument he is anti-hispanic and anti-woman
 - Would be a pretty new face to the general election population who doesn't follow politics as closely as many of us do
- Popular with the right

Runner ups would be in no particular order:

- Kasich
- Rubio
- Sandoval

Martinez also:

- called in drunk to the state police
- has corruption charges
- her current Secretary of State(the one who counts the votes) is facing impeachment
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2016, 11:02:43 AM »

Gingrich is interesting because it's possible he helps neutralize one of Clinton's big advantages, which is nostalgia for the success and stability of the '90s. Trump and Gingrich can just attribute the prosperity to the Republicans in Congress and argue that their ticket now has the winning recipe.
Gingrich is pretty unpopular, though. While I'd consider supporting a Trump/Gingrich ticket, most centrists would be pretty opposed to it. Gingrich has a solid base in the Republican Party, so he definitely would be great for the keynote or vice presidential slot. I think Kasich would do better hailing back on the prosperity of the late nineties, separating the ticket from Bush's irresponsible spending, and reminding them of the prosperity of Ohio now.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2016, 07:46:08 PM »

Walter Jones, anyone?
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2016, 08:04:56 PM »

I think Trump will do whatever he can to gain Kasich's endorsement once he begins campaigning in Ohio.
Hopefully. I think Kasich is genuine about his intentions here. He was asked about endorsing Trump, and Kasich said he would not until or unless Trump became more inclusive and less divisive. He was then offered the free question of "Would you vote for him?" and said: "I will not endorse him..."

I really dislike how politicians sometimes separate votes and endorsements.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2016, 05:09:41 PM »

I think Ron Wyden or Al Franken would be good picks to unite he party, and both are pretty close to perfect in terms of countering Trump. They aren't exactly risky picks, either.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2016, 03:46:34 AM »

My hopeful short lists(realistic people and amazing people)

Clinton:
Elizabeth Warren
Sherrod Brown
Evan Bayh
Mark Begich

Timothy Kaine
Mark Warner
Al Franken
Ron Wyden

Trump:
Newt Gingrich
Jon Huntsman
Scott Brown
Condoleezza Rice

Italicized ones: ones I like
Unitalicizes ones: ones I think are probably on the list
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2016, 04:59:20 AM »

Just listened to Kasich on Fox. Not only was he adamant that he would not be Trump's VP but clearly said that he would not endorse Trump, even at the Convention in Cleveland, and in response to whether he prefers Clinton or Trump said "those are not very good choices".

So, if Trump is looking to his competitors, it would have to be Rubio.
He continued to say that he means that he won't endorse Trump unless Trump becomes less unifying. That's not "clearly not endorsing Trump" to me.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2016, 01:20:00 PM »

My ideal short lists:

Trump:
Condoleezza Rice
Scott Brown
John Kasich
Brian Sandoval
Jon Huntsman

Clinton:
Al Franken
Ron Wyden
Evan Bayh
Martin Heinrich
Mark Begich
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2016, 11:00:48 PM »

I think Becerra, Garcetti, Booker, or Warren would each be interesting choices in their own rights, now that it's looking like it really won't be someone like Al Franken Sad

Tim Kaine is a walking Ambien bottle, I hope the Clinton campaign has more sense than to go with him.
Yeah, apparently Al Franken and Ron Wyden aren't on the ticket, as one of the two probably would have been leaked.
Anyway:
Fmr. Sec. & Sen. Hillary Clinton(D-NY)/Mayor Eric Garcetti(D-CA)
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2016, 07:11:17 PM »
« Edited: July 03, 2016, 08:00:41 PM by Northeast Assemblyman Kingpoleon »

Presumably Greg Ballard or Susan Brooks would run unless Mitch Daniels found someone willing to run. Unless someone belonging to either the Lugar-Ballard faction or Daniels faction ran, I think Gregg would beat the "emergency" nominee.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2016, 01:07:26 PM »

Deirdre Walsh ✔ @deirdrewalshcnn
Corker tells @mkraju he's withdrawing from Trump's VP consideration & adds: "His best running mate, by the way, would be Ivanka"
12:52 PM - 6 Jul 2016

I tend to agree with Corker on this...either Ivanka or her husband Jared Kushner would be better for Trump than, say, Newt Gingrich would be.
Jared Kushner would be amazing. I'd definitely watch his Vice Presidential debate.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2016, 01:09:08 PM »

Stavridis is being vetted!

http://www.newsweek.com/stavridis-clinton-vice-president-2016-election-navy-sanders-warren-democrats-479847
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2016, 09:55:05 PM »

I'm probably the only person who would like Stavridis or Franken to be her VP pick.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2016, 07:21:43 PM »

A good dark horse VP choice would be former New Mexico Gov. Bill Richardson. He's Hispanic, but more qualified than Castro, Perez, and Becerra. He has good foreign policy experience and he governed a state. Plus, the Clintons should put the 2008 endorsement of Obama behind them.

isn't he, like, corrupt as heck, though?

Yeah, there are some issues there.

Yeah, a little, but he's experienced. He could be ready to be president on Day One.

Clinton's not picking a washed-up has-been who has been out of public life for five years and is nearly as old as she is.
Maybe Richardson for Secretary of State or UN ambassador?
Clinton will probably want Susan Rice, Victoria Nuland, and Ashton Carter checked for the former. For the latter, Caroline Kennedy, James Stavridis, and Avril Haines will probably be on the shortlist.

Richardson is an old has-been who just wanted Secretary of State under Obama.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2016, 01:34:54 AM »

O'Malley is campaigning for Hillary in Pennsylvania, Iowa, and New Hampshire.
http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/politics/blog/bal-martin-o-malley-to-campaign-for-clinton-in-pennsylvania-20160715-story.html
http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/politics/blog/bal-martin-o-malley-is-headed-back-to-iowa-for-hillary-clinton-20160622-story.html
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2016, 10:30:49 PM »

Everybody likes Joe (Biden) but what exactly was his role/portfolio as VP vs what he did as Senator?

If I understand correctly, he essentially serves as the top foreign policy and legal advisor, besides being the President's loyal friend. His jobs as Chairman of the Judiciary and Foreign Relations Committee make him exceptionally qualified for such roles.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2016, 02:13:26 PM »

Please, please let it be Crist. I know it won't be, but...

God, don't jinx it.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies