Oklahoma Governor and Lt Governor. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 01:35:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Oklahoma Governor and Lt Governor. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Oklahoma Governor and Lt Governor.  (Read 3932 times)
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« on: July 15, 2006, 03:02:10 PM »

Ha,

I like tradition, keep the Red River Rivalry in Dallas.

If thats the only reason he's running, he might as well go ahead and fold.

Agreed.

For Governor, it's pretty obviously going to be Henry v. Istook. 

For Henry's sky-high approval rating, Istook is a pretty formidable challenger and should at least hold Henry under 60%, maybe less than that.  I have to think that winning is going to be hard though, unless Henry loses some strength, but high approval ratings have been beaten in Governorships in Republican strongholds before and vice versa, so I can't say it's impossible.

I don't know much on the Lt. Governor candidates.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2006, 03:21:18 PM »

Thats what I think, too.  I say that because at the state level we still tend to go Democrat, though in 2004 we did elect our first Republican Speaker of the House in 80 years.  The Senate is still Democrat-controlled and the House is barely GOP, and of course the Governor's Mansion is Democrat.

Remember, we just turned deep-red at the federal level in 1980, so we still have some Democrat tendencies especially amongst our 50+ year old patrons and 18-22 year olds.

Agreed.  I was merely commenting on the strength of Gubernatorial candidate. 

If Henry had gotten a situation like, say, Freundthal of WY, I would be singing a different tune, because at the state level, Oklahoma is much, much more Democrat than Wyoming.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies